Ratings for Dr. Jill Calder

Dr. Calder's tech was nice and welcoming. Contrary, Dr. Calder herself was accusatory, unprofessional and very harsh with no bedside manor whatsoever. Dr. Calder said "I do not want to get involved in your c-r-a-p!" after I told her I may need a copy of this exam for court purposes (as this injury is due to being a victim of a gun crime.) Dr. Calder went on about how I should be in therapy instead of seeing her because all my pain is "in my head" which is incorrect and I have hundreds of medical records to prove that. I suffer from immense pain on a daily basis due to my injury, but she minimized that. She went on to tell me for an hour about a patient who had ZERO relativity to my case and how she fixed her with therapy. I have done therapy in the past and this is not why I traveled hours to see her. If I wanted a mental health work up I would see my social worker. Dr. Calder said she is going to write in my exam notes that I am a "full on nutcase and need as much free therapy as the government will fund!" Then went on to say the "crazier" she made me sound, the likelier I was to get free therapy. This not only is wrongful examination but is also unprofessional and in no way what this Dr. should be seeing me for. Anyways, this Dr. was unprofessional and horrid from the get go. I left the appointment in tears and will NEVER go back. I have followed up with my GP and told her to not recommend anyone to see Dr.Calder if they want any kind of help or compassion. Dr. Calder belittled my very tragic situation. Overall I have nothing nice to say about this Dr. She was a waste of my time and ruined my week, time and money to travel to her.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

Her first words spoken were harsh and accusatory and completely out of left field. She made me feel like I was wasting her time and spoke in a judgemental critical tone. I was so taken aback that I cried. I did confront her on her manner and treatment of me and,she backed down a bit. She took at least 3 calls during our appointment. She may be knowledgeable but I hope to never need to see her again.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

Terrible DR. Unwilling to help should retire now not later. Receptionist unhelpful.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

Absolutely horrible Dr with bizzare disrepectful behavior and when defending myself against her she blocked me from getting testing at sleep clinic even after 5 other drs ordered the sleep test,this is a chidish,resentful hurtful sick Dr and i question that too she not a neurologist....DONOT GET REFERALS TO THIS SO CALLED DR,You'll be sorry and management at hospital covers up for her and there have been several complaints about this Dr...unbeleivable how this Dr is still practiceing and running the Neurological area at RIH!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

it was horrible her staff didn't even know where she was located at rih and didn't know I had another blood test siiting on her desk till I phoned then after 2 weeks I finally threatened media if I didn't get my results she phoned and recorded my conversation ...the moist arrogant,insecure so called dr I've ever experienced and wasn't smart enough to figure out what was wrong with me so now gotta go to different specialist to figue things out don't waste your time useless,,,,i hung up on her she didn't want me to say anything while she was talking...you cant even breathe while she talking...really weird...

Submitted September 1, 2016

I had two visits and found her to be right on top of things and seems to be able to make things happen . Which is a nice change

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

I took my mother to see Dr. Calder last week for some major pain in her hip. She has seen a few other doctors and had xrays by 3 other doctors, none who could come up with an answer. Dr. Calder nailed it immediately. She is very thorough and lovely bedside manor. Can't say enough good things about her!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

I have recently seen Dr. Calder for pain management with regards to ostioarthritis and fibromylgia. She is very committed to helping with any problems relating, making very wise suggestions which when followed result in positive results. I would not hesitate to recommend her to others. I have difficulties with feet, hands and knees and she has helped me with each. It is obvious she cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Dr Calder is the best doctor I have had in 70 years of life. She listens well, explains clearly, very knowledgeable and kind. Her assistant is so helpful and kind too.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

I saw Dr. Calder today for first time. She was so helpful and encouraging. She is very knowledgeable. I would recommend her to family and friends.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015