Ratings for Dr. Jodi Shapiro

I've had my 4 kids with Dr. Shapiro and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love her direct and honest approach and she has the best dry sense of humor! She is very efficient and she doesn't miss a beat. I live in Milton ON and traveled downtown to Mount Sinai to be under her care.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

Run away from her! I had the worst experience with Dr. Shapiro. My appointments with her were always 3-4 minutes long, she was always in a rush and made me feel very uncomfortable I was almost not allowed to ask questions, she is very rude, never had a smile on her face and seemed annoyed every time I had a question. Not sure why she became a Dr. If compassion is not her thing, she does not love what she does. I am happy I found a great OB!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

I can't even ask her a question, i feel like animal in and out. She makes me feel uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

She was my OB for both my children and I love her. She is fast and has a dry sense of humor but when I had to talk to her she took the time. My last pregnancy I had high blood pressure and she always made sure it was under control. Kerri the admin assistance is amazing and so are the others that took care of me.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Jodi is knowledgeable and experienced, I'm sure- how else do you get to where you are in one of the best obstetrics hospitals in the world. In a total of 2 visits, she spent approximately 4 minutes with me, was dismissive with my concerns, and rude and sarcastic with me. I was left feeling hurt and expected to trust what she said based on face value. I had to plead for explanations and was made to feel like my concerns were petty. I would not recommend her and will next time go with a midwife. Moreover, Kerri, the admin assistant and the nurse, Anne, are super, they are Jodi's saving grace.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

The absolute best there is! Dnot be swayed by any of the negative comments. You are in great hands with this doctor. She is confident, reassuring and just awesone! 4 kids and I would NEVER trust anyone else to deliver my babies.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Dr. Shapiro, I can't speak to any of the usual aspects that most readers would want to take into account when considering a doctor. She was not our primary Dr. But I must tell this story: Our delivery was quite difficult. Our son was struggling... heart rate plummeting... our primary called in Dr. Shapiro. She walked in and took control of the room and in our most desparate and firghtening moment, rescued us and our son. Say what you will about bluntness, rushing around, etc. She may be rushing off to save a kids life and last Sunday that kid was ours! Helpfulness - Saved our kid's life! Punctuality - Precisely when we needed her! Knowledge - Knew exactly what to do and did it exactly when we needed it!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

I was reggered to dr shapiro by my GP. Her receptionist Carrie is wonderful, but Jodi on the other hand is blunt and quick to rush you out. She dismissed any concerns or questions I had and made feel like it was never a worry. My son was 3 weeks early so she did not deliver my baby, another wonderful Dr did. The next day when I was in recovery Jodi came by to see me, never asked how it went didn’t even take one look at my son. My husband and I were both so disappointed with her. We will be using a midwife next time

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Okay, so I read many of the comments, and they are mostly all true. Dr Shapiro is great, for me, that does mean knowledgeable, competent, with your interest at heart. She's also quite funny, she is straight forward, and occasionally rather direct, which at times does not come across warm and fuzzy. Truth, I think we are very fortunate to have such a great doctor here in Canada. Personally, as much as I like the softer approach, I rather have someone that can be a touch smug 5% of the time, but is considerate and knows what they are doing 95% of the time.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

I found Jodi to be an excellent doctor. She is straight and to the point, but extremely knowledgable and I always felt like I was in good hands. My whole experience was great. Carrie at reception is amazing! And Jodi's nurse Anne was lovely and very helpful. Anne provides a bit more comfort if that is what you need. Overall I would highly recommend this team!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017