Ratings for Dr. Jodi Shapiro

I guess everyone wants a different kind of doctor...but I really liked her. I felt like I was in VERY competent hands and really...isn't that the most important thing? I found her to be very focused and to the point. No, there wasn't a lot of handholding I guess, but I felt like she was on top of my file, that she knew what was going on, and that she was looking after my best interests. Plans were made, and when things developed differently than planned, she adjusted. Makes sense to me. I saw compassion, I saw humour, and I saw competence. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Jodi Shapiro is a terrible doctor with no compassion. She missed huge red flags in my sister's pregnancy that nearly cost her her life. She's smug and inattentive and if you get referred to her RUN.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

She was not my regular OB--my husband and I first met her about 30 mins before she did my unplanned c-section when my baby flipped to transverse while I was in labour. She is confident, knowledgeable, skilled and we immediately felt at ease. She was great with the surgery and my scar has healed beautifully. I love my regular OB but if he retires before I'm done having babies I'll try to get in with her!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

My experience with Jodi Shapiro was a great one. We met with her at the 3 month mark in our pregnancy in her office where we had a good conversation with her as she got to know a bit more about my Fiancé and I. Her appointments always start with a nurse giving you a check-up and answering all your questions. Then you see Jodi for a few minutes after the nurse. My pregnancy was a healthy one so we didn't see her for long when we had our appointments. It was an in and out kind of experience, but we made sure to ask all the questions that we had when we were there and she always answered us very honestly and usually made us laugh with her jokes and easy-going attitude. Her nurses are all great, and really take the time to make sure you know what is going on with your pregnancy. The few issues I had (sore hips, PUPPS), they were very quick about referrals to physio and a prescription for the rash. I would recommend her to someone who is looking for a talented doctor. if you are looking for someone to hold your hand through your pregnancy, I recommend a midwife. Also, Mount Sinai is the best hospital for labour & delivery. Count yourself lucky if you are scheduled to give birth there!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Absolutely worst experience with Dr. Shapiro. Her receipting, Carrie, was incredible, but on numerous occasions dr. Shapiro blew off any concern or worry I had with my pregnancy. Other doctors were urging me to stay on bed rest and to even get admitted to the hospital. Dr. Shapiro, laughed and said she will see me the following week. Even when I was in the hospital, and she knew I was there, you would think she would come and check on her patient. no! Absolutely worst obgyn! I saw dr. Bernstein after her and he was so amazing!!!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Horrible bed side manner. Wouldn't recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Initially I rated Dr. Shapiro while i was pregnant and all was well. Not to say that she was warm and fuzzy to me than, but, now I have more insight. My baby flipped to a breach position at 36 weeks. Nothing I did would flip her back and Dr. Shapiro recommended a scheduled c-section. I didn't know when the surgery was scheduled for until 3 days before so I never had a talk about it with Dr. Shapiro. At the day of the surgery I was confused. I didn't mentally prepare myself for a c-section and I was a bit disappointed. One would think that before surgery , the doctor would come and explain the procedure, ask you if you're ready and if you have any questions or concerns. Nope. we waited patiently, and Dr. Shapiro came in, said they are ready and took me away. At the OR I started to panic a bit. I was alone, naked on the table, didn't know what was going on or what to expect next. The staff was basically discussing their weekend plans. When my husband finally came in I was in a full blown panic and confusion and I asked him when are we starting and whats going on?? Little did I know that at this point the baby the baby was basically out... This wasn't an emergency c-section. I was NOT ready. A bit more communication would go a long way for me.. It took me 6 months to catch up with the idea I had a baby. I kept going back to the OR and be mad. Mostly at myself that I didn't speak up. That being said, Dr. Shapiro is a hell of a surgeon. But, I was so mad I didn't even come back for my 6 weeks check up. Next time I'm taking a mid-wife.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

I am surprised by half of the reviews here, but I never take anyone's word at face value. I rarely do reviews myself, but just wanted to note in my experience I have found her to be highly knowledgeable and intelligent in her field. I got pregnant after my second try and I have Dr. Shapiro and her team for being positive and keeping me positive throughout the entire process. Dr. Shapiro is not extremely friendly or the handholding type of doctor. I found that she likes to remain professional and inpersonal with her patients, but there is nothing wrong with that. My sister has similar personality. I would take dr. Shapiro expansive knowledge and experience over that anyday. I would definitely recommend her and return to her again.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

she's great but impossible to ever GET A HOLD OF! I can't even tell you how many time I called her office and could NEVER get a hold of her. I even sent emails to the secretary.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

she is a piece of work. I was concerned I had ovarian cancer and she laughed at me.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017