Ratings for Dr. Kathy Keely

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Keely, her staff and associate physician. She is straight-forward, no non-sense, honest and incredibly caring. I absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for amazing care.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

OMG!!! She is so rude, horrible. non a human being!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Definitely a no-nonsense doctor. She is very knowledgable and direct. The nurses in her office are fantastic.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Keely. She's seen my one-year old since day 4 and I would not pick another doctor (though her alternate doctor is also great, as are her staff). As this is our first baby, I don't always know when I should be worried about something, and she always been frank and reassuring. She has always had a spot the same day I call, usually within the hour. I like that she is frank about whether and when to be concerned about things, and that she only recommends evidence based treatments (she's noted a couple of old wives' remedies that were recommended to us, and I prefer to know when something is is a load of hoopla). When we've had complicated situations, she's done extensive research and consulted with the best specialists to help us plan and navigate our circumstances. She is no- nonsense, and doesn't coddle parents, but gets along great with our little one, and who smartens up if she's been BSing a bit. She is matter of fact and has a great, very dry, sense of humour.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

An absolutely insane woman. Rude, aggressive and extremely condescending. We came in with our 16 months old son who is in a lot of pain due to mouth cankers. She tried to get rid of us as soon as possible not listening to the basic details and resisting doing an assessment of his rash. For some reason she kept looking away from my husband (who is two months away from finishing his medical residency) and only speaking to me when he was asking questions. Our 9 year old was in the room and felt scared and unsure why she was randomly yelling. When we left he said "I'm going to have nightmares about that" I would never recommend her to anybody. Worst bedside manner I've ever encountered! What a miserable creature.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Took our newborn for her first checkup after being discharged from (excellent) midwifery care. This doctor was dismissive and condescending about our choice to use a midwife as our initial primary care provider. She was unbelievably hostile about our choice to follow advice from our midwives about the early treatment of a tongue and lip tie--"How much money did you waste on that?" The ten mins we spent in the room with her were easily some of the most traumatic of my birth experience. This doctor seems to get off on making people feel bad about themselves. Just an awful attitude and one I never expected to find in a pediatrician of all professions. Also I'm unsure of how you would disinfect a wooden examination table to meet contemporary standards. Couldn't be happier with our decision to never go back!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

knowledgable?? That's a joke!!. My daughter had a fever for over week. I told her about her class mates having strep. She took s look and said it was viral didn't even bother to swab her throat. very abrasive Doctor. Few day later I took my daughter to CHEO was swabbed and was positive for strep. A few days after that she got pneumonia. Thanks to Dr.Keely's misdiagnosis.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

I don't care how much you know if you make people feel bad about themselves and their children you shouldn't be working with people. Better use of her time to do research then shame parents.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Dr. Keely is a very professional no-nonsense doctor with a great sense of humor. She is well informed and keeps up-to-date. I can always get an appointment same day if needed. Would definitely recommend her to parents-to-be. A+

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

I abhore some of the reviews here. It simple she knows her stuff. She knows if it's serious and if it's not. When it warranted she will move heaven and earth to get your kid well... she deals daily with over protective parents who read a bit to much on google... If you want a no nonsense doctor she is the tops - and will see you on a minutes notice, has backup on weekends, overall great!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016