Ratings for Dr. Kathy Keely

As my son says: TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE. That sums it up. You think a doctor would show some empathy, understanding. This lady seems irritated all the time. If your job sucks, do something else. Why be a pediatrician if you don't like kids? Very rude as other have mention, thinks her way is the only way.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

Absolutely worthless. My kid had a problem that we felt was serious and this doctor makes you feel that you are wasting her time and the "system's" money. I pay taxes so her money comes from me. She then tells us our child who she assessed before is not her patient and we should go back to our family doctor. She is a specialist, she assessed our child so yes, the responsibility is still hers. She was eager enough to bill OHIP for the visit then have the nerve to say it is not her problem. What an absolute waste of time. DO NOT SEE HER. DO NOT HAVE YOUR GP REFER TO HER. Wow, time to hang up the stethoscope.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

It was very rude from the beginning. Made us feel VERY uncomfortable and out of place. Made out place comments and got rid of us very quickly. According to her we were wasting her time and taxes for something that was completely "normal". I would NEVER recommend her at all.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

Our family would not recommend. She may be knowledgeable, but will get angry if you ask questions, ask if seeing a specialist would be potentially useful, or ask for a second opinion - she is lacking professionalism in many areas. Unfortunately finding a paediatrician is challenging, but unfortunately this one is very poor.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Worst dr ever. Rude, condescending, judgmental not professional!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

As the many reviews tell - you either love her or can do without her entirely. She has been seeing our son for just over 3 years and is a terrific paediatrician knowledge wise. Her bed side manner is very hot and cold. She doesn't make friendly chit chat with our son which is often hard to handle but we remind ourselves that we're with her for her expertise not kindness. I've felt great leaving her office on some days but on others feel like the worst parent in the world. I suppose a small price to pay for expert knowledge.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

I am blown away by this pediatrician and her staff. What a terrific Doctor. She is an amazing diagnostician and a fountain of knowledge- that she seems to freely share! I leave appointments feeling empowered as a parent as she has showed me what she looks for, how and why (and how I could look out for this in my child myself) and how to interpret more complex test results so I can know for the future. She truly cares for her patients and is wonderful with my child. She is definitely at the no-nonsense/down to business end of the spectrum (which I appreciate), but she isn't condescending. Quite the contrary! My experience with my own physician has been to be treated not as a partner in my healthcare but as someone who couldn't possibly understand (or be allowed to see) test results/diagnoses and who can't possibly begin to know my own body. My experience involves being lectured to (at a very basic/condescending level) - to the point I no longer see my doctor and instead frequent the occasional walk-in for rarely needed acute care. With Dr. Keely, I feel listened to, respected as the parent, expertly supported/guided, empowered and hopeful (!) that I may one day be able to find a physician for myself who has these qualities. It is so encouraging to have such an immediate and trusting relationship (that has continued to grow over time). On the administrative side, she's been on time and even early (!) for our appointments, her staff has been extremely pleasant to deal with have gone above and beyond in every respect.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Dr. Keely is a very knowledgeable DR. however her attitude can be extremely rude and unconsidered. She forgets sometimes that she is dealing with children. She blamed my son for some of his psychological issues that we went to her for help and guidance. My child felt even worst after the consultation. After asking only a few questions she judged him very harshly and made blanket assumptions in front of him without any proper assessments. She is not easy to communicate and not quite willing to listen either. She is fine if you have minor issues cold, fever etc, but when things get complicated she will not be there for you.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Dr. Keely was our doctor for the first few years of our children's lives. She was friendly, courtesy, caring, and personal. One time we did not follow her advice she became bitter, indifferent, and impersonal on following visits. Today we waited 40 minutes for her and were met without a friendly hello, or any polite manners, just a sharp, snappy, "what's the problem.." and abrupt dismissal after less than 2 minutes. She didn't even acknowledge our child with friendliness, warmth, courtesy, or concern as you would expect. No one deserves to be treated this way. Perhaps that is why even our child does not like this doctor. Her knowledge is likely vast, and valuable, but she didn't share any of it. Simply said 5-7 days, come and see me. We just left disappointed. Do yourself a favor and find another pediatrician.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Can be very condescending...especially to a new mom. She has made it perfectly clear she only cares about the child in front of her and not the parents. This is not helpful...good that she is child focused - but being dismissive of the parents leaves one feeling very poorly. I am certainly not overly sensitive and am able to ignore most of her snide comments - but I have left her office a few times fighting tears because of her insensitivity. My child has never had any major issues -but I daresay if she does - this will not be someone I will want to see given her demeanor and poor bedside manner.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016