Ratings for Dr. Kathy Keely

I love Dr. Keely and her staff! As a first time parent, you tend to worry and be more concerned for little things. Dr. Keely is always so reassuring and definitely makes you feel like you're doing a great job. Always answers questions you have and gives you the answers you're looking for. Her receptionist is very welcoming and always pleasant to deal with as well as the nurses. Everyone is very friendly and you can tell they truly care about the kids. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a great pediatrician!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

My children have been patients for a total of 18 years and I have seen Dr Keely change drastically. I stay because I remember the doctor she used to be. She seems to have reached her limit in dealing with parents and has no patience for questions or explanations of any kind. She seems downright hostile one moment and then catches herself, and returns to semi friendly. She is quick to point out parental short comings and seems to have lost all compassion. Life is hard and issues are sometimes convoluted and not as black and white as she implies, especially in a busy family. After a recent visit my daughter said " I don't like the way she talks to you Mom, it's not your fault ". I think that kind of says it all. If she is close to retirement she should consider packing it in. She is clearly unhappy and barely able to maintain the minimum in professionalism.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Keely, her staff and associate physician. She is straight-forward, no non-sense, honest and incredibly caring. I absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for amazing care.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

OMG!!! She is so rude, horrible. non a human being!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Definitely a no-nonsense doctor. She is very knowledgable and direct. The nurses in her office are fantastic.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Keely. She's seen my one-year old since day 4 and I would not pick another doctor (though her alternate doctor is also great, as are her staff). As this is our first baby, I don't always know when I should be worried about something, and she always been frank and reassuring. She has always had a spot the same day I call, usually within the hour. I like that she is frank about whether and when to be concerned about things, and that she only recommends evidence based treatments (she's noted a couple of old wives' remedies that were recommended to us, and I prefer to know when something is is a load of hoopla). When we've had complicated situations, she's done extensive research and consulted with the best specialists to help us plan and navigate our circumstances. She is no- nonsense, and doesn't coddle parents, but gets along great with our little one, and who smartens up if she's been BSing a bit. She is matter of fact and has a great, very dry, sense of humour.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

An absolutely insane woman. Rude, aggressive and extremely condescending. We came in with our 16 months old son who is in a lot of pain due to mouth cankers. She tried to get rid of us as soon as possible not listening to the basic details and resisting doing an assessment of his rash. For some reason she kept looking away from my husband (who is two months away from finishing his medical residency) and only speaking to me when he was asking questions. Our 9 year old was in the room and felt scared and unsure why she was randomly yelling. When we left he said "I'm going to have nightmares about that" I would never recommend her to anybody. Worst bedside manner I've ever encountered! What a miserable creature.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Took our newborn for her first checkup after being discharged from (excellent) midwifery care. This doctor was dismissive and condescending about our choice to use a midwife as our initial primary care provider. She was unbelievably hostile about our choice to follow advice from our midwives about the early treatment of a tongue and lip tie--"How much money did you waste on that?" The ten mins we spent in the room with her were easily some of the most traumatic of my birth experience. This doctor seems to get off on making people feel bad about themselves. Just an awful attitude and one I never expected to find in a pediatrician of all professions. Also I'm unsure of how you would disinfect a wooden examination table to meet contemporary standards. Couldn't be happier with our decision to never go back!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

knowledgable?? That's a joke!!. My daughter had a fever for over week. I told her about her class mates having strep. She took s look and said it was viral didn't even bother to swab her throat. very abrasive Doctor. Few day later I took my daughter to CHEO was swabbed and was positive for strep. A few days after that she got pneumonia. Thanks to Dr.Keely's misdiagnosis.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

I don't care how much you know if you make people feel bad about themselves and their children you shouldn't be working with people. Better use of her time to do research then shame parents.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017