Ratings for Dr. Nicholas H. Rice

I have seen Dr. Rice for over 10 years primarily for mangement of asthma. He has always been wonderful to work with and asked that I come in every 2-3 years to continue refilling my long time asthma prescription. I called today to see him for the first time in that period (I do not have insurance and can't afford more frequent visits) and was told that I would be considered a new patient but he is not accepting new patients. I'm so disappointed and upset.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

I was a patient for 14 years. Although I never believed he knew much or cared about me, he was willing to prescribe any drugs I requested. His approach to an annual physical consisted of staring at a computer while seated across the room. One day when I was very ill with what I thought might be the flu, I called for an appointment and was told by his nurse that I was no longer a patient because my last appointment was 15 months ago. The AMA defines that as abandonment, medical malpractice, and dereliction of duty. I recently learned I have gallbladder disease and need surgery and that the condition has been developing for years. I filed a complaint with the Medical Board and it was denied without any explanation why.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2013

Worst customer service I have ever experienced! The overcharged me, could not explain my bill. And NEVER returned called. I had to call them over and over.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Dr. Nicholas H. Rice's Credentials

• Medical College Of Ohio At Toledo (Grad. 1992)