Ratings for Dr. Susan Leader

Dr. Leader is absolutely fabulous. She is very knowledgable and has great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Dr. Leader has been my doctor for 10 years. Although it is very hard to book an appointment with her because of her availability. When I do see her though, she is extremely helpful, kind, caring and will take the time to make sure you talk about everything you need to talk about. She is amazing with kids! Sad to see her leaving the family practice. The only think I do not like is her receptionist. the receptionist rushes you, is extremely rude, and has no patience for children!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

I work Monday to Friday, my doctor is available 2 days a week 9-12. Want to guess which days? Monday and Friday. Wish I could work 2 days a week and not get fired. Very rushed when you do see her. I can only get in to see her once every few YEARS. Literally. She's the only family doctor we've been able to get, but she's useless. I always go to the walk-in clinic. Even if you do make an appointment with her she rushes you through, will only do 2 things (which if you've been waiting awhile to get a prescription refilled, a recommendation for an EKG and one other things is pretty useless) and says "come 20 minutes early" then makes me wait 2 hours to see her. She really does not value your time. She also likes wasting tax payer dollars by making you book a second appointment (very hard w/ the 2 days a week thing) to get test results rather than call you with them. The staff themselves at her place are good, but they give you sheepish looks about her availability and apologize.

Submitted September 17, 2013

Dr. Leader is the best family doctor I have had in 20 years (have had 3 prior). She has excellent bed side manner, is a bit rushed, but will take the time to talk with you if you request it. She is excellent with children and very easy to talk to. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

It has always been very difficult for me to get through to her line to make an appointment. Long waits to get an appointment and I've never been to one that was on time. Always felt very rushed, although she was kind and nice. Tends to quickly recommend treatments or medication/procedures or to make referrals to specific doctors that are part of her network or that she knows personally.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2010

Dr. Leader has been our family doctor for many years. For routine issues, if you come prepared to list your concerns she will efficiently work through them. This may be why some people say she rushes, but I really appreciate her quick uptake of facts. And any time I've felt the need for more thorough discussion she's always taken the time. Excellent bedside manner, as others have noted. I've had numerous family doctors in Ontario and other provinces and she's by far the best.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2010

This is the type of doctor you want. She is very knowledgeable, has a great bed-side manner and is non-judgmental. She was the only doctor (out of 4) to figure out what was wrong with my daughter. She is friendly and not arrogant like so many other doctors. I have been going to her for the past 14 years. She is great with women and kids.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2010

Love Dr. Leader! No problem getting appt. to see her and she takes her time with me. Cosmetic procedures and carefully done and the results are excellent.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

She referred me to surgeon for breast cancer without even touching me. Turned out it was a misdiagnosis and I had to find another doctor to help me.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2009

Very difficult to get an appointment when my child is sick. (Normally a 2 week wait). Her staff always says to go to a walk-in instead. Knowledgeable when looking at my children.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2008