Ratings for Dr. Janice Manthorne

She explained all procedures and processes in an emergency setting and left us all feeling well taken care of and confident.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

She went the extra mile while my daughter was in the hospital!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

She was extremely thorough with our daughter recently and even followed up via telephone call after we'd been discharged. A very lovely woman who knows her stuff!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Incredible knowledge and service from Dr. Manthorne. She is tireless in her care and dedication to providing the best care for her patients. Highly Recommend!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

Dr. Janice (I love that she uses this name with my kids!) is extremely knowledgable, professional, and kind. Her thorough attention to detail is what makes her a terrific paediatrician. My 10 week early prem baby was fortunate enough to fall into her care at VGH, and my older son has also had terrific care from her. She is up to speed on current information, and is willing to push to get you the finest specialist care available. We area healthy family, but she is still willing to check up on all concerns. I am so impressed by this doctor and feel extremely fortunate to have her as part of our families medical team. I'm totally shocked to see negative ratings! The only thing I can think of is that she expects parents to do some research on their own and be a part of the process.... which I think is wonderful! I suppose you should assume that the clear majority of positive reviews must be the accurate one. Keep up the fantastic work, Dr. Janice!!! :)

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Dr. Manthorne saved my 2 month old daughter from a potentially life threatening problem because she refused to just blow me off as a concerned first time mom and was willing to take the time to get to the root of the problem, when a lot of other doctors would have sent us home. She's funny and easy to talk to and we are so thankful that she was so thorough. There really aren't any words you can say to a person who saved your child's life except Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

We visited Dr. Manthorne for the first time last week. Our appt. was for 11 a.m. and we were called in at 11:20 which I thought was reasonable. She gave a sincere apology for keeping us waiting, that was appreciated. She was warm and welcoming and very kind with my little one who was acting up and not at all cooperative! I found her very helpful and thorough. She did not make me feel rushed and asked if I had any questions or if there was anything I needed further info on. We are happy to have found Dr. Manthorne.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2012

Dr Manthorne is a wonderful Dr. I am so blessed to have a great Dr as well as a Dr with warmth and kindness all in one. She really cares about her families she looks after. What is more important is my daughter loves her as well.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

She is AMAZING!!!! So good with my daughter and easy to be around, she seems to be a very busy lady and sometimes a little scattered, but she knows what she's doing that's for sure!! I can see why some people would not get along with her, but hey nobody likes everybody! Me and my daughter love her and would recommend her to anyone who likes a fun, caring, and super knowledgeable doctor!!!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

Fantastic doctor, very down to earth. Daughter has been seeing her for almost a year. Every time she has made sure to ask if I have any questions and to make sure the plan we are on is okay for us. She has called directly with both normal and abnormal test results and took the time to answer my questions. I am sure she is a very busy lady and taking the time for the little things shows how dedicated she is. BTW I never noticed her to have any breast feeding issues.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2010