Ratings for Dr. Edward F. Barbano

The five stars say it all. I've been seeing Dr. Barbano for quite a few years now. I trust his diagnoses. Dr. Barbano sees the whole picture and at my age I'm more of a puzzle of ailments and he takes that into consideration each time I see him. He is a gentleman as well. His staff is always pleasant and returns my calls promptly.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

Doctor Barbano has been very attentive to my medical needs. Have been with him for over 10 years

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Very condescending and arrogant. Was in office for crawl out of your skin back pain. After rubbing my back a few times and said i had a strained back. Prescribed me anti inflammatory, nothing for the pain. When i inquired about pain meds he gave me a look of suspision. Have not nor will not see this charlaton again. Oh and he could use a couple breath mints.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

Awesome MD. Dr. Barbano takes the time to hear our concerns and discover what is causing the problem. When we've been sick we have had a same day appointment each time!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

Great doctor in every aspect. His diagnosis saved my life and on another medical matter, that of my girlfriend. I recommend him t to friends and family. Very thorough and refers, if necessary, to other excellent doctors. He is very professional, knowledgable, and spends the appropriate amount of time with me during each visit over the 6 years I have been seeing him.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2011

Dr. Barbano has been my PCP for many years now. He is very thorough, knowledgeable, and caring. Even though he is extremely busy, he manages to listen to all my concerns and address them always. He is not rushing you out. Being an Internist in my opinion is one of the most difficult jobs because you have to be well versed on everything and he is! I highly recommend him and have sent many family members there already.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

He's been my primary care dr. for 7 yrs. I've sent friends, my spouse, and my son to him also and they all have had good experiences and chose him as their primary care dr. He is very thorough and conservative in approach, often recommending that I see a specialist to get something checked out. Only negative is that he does not admit patients to the hospital, and I did not like the dr. he chose to admit me to Alexandria Hospital. But Barbano is the best I've ever been to, and I am a nurse so I know what to look for in a primary care dr.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Barbano's since I moved here from another state 6 years ago. He was recommended to me by a friend and I am so grateful to her for that recommendation. My main health problem is high blood pressure but I am also a cancer survivor (17 years now) so want to stay vigilant in that regard. I feel very comfortable with Dr. Barbano's knowledge, his caring manner, and yes, even his nagging about various things. He amazingly adept at dianosis and I have always really liked the physicians he referred me to when needed. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

Dr. Barbano is the first doctor I have EVER been to that I feel really pays attention to all of my concerns. I am a big worrier when it comes to my health and he doesnt brush my concerns off like other doctors have. He is amazing, I am definitely staying at this office.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2009

Horrible, sadistic doctor. I went to him the first time because he was on my plan. He insisted on doing an "internal" examination even though I explained I had a gynecologist. It was thoroughly embarrassing! The second time I went to him, I had torn a thigh muscle and was crying in excruciating agony. The nurse told him several times I was in the waiting room, and yet he kept on blabbing cheerfully to another patient. Barbano kept me waiting for more than an hour and when he finally saw me, he refused to give me anything for the pain. I should have gone to the emergency room! Finally, he is unkempt -- he had mud on shoes which was a total gross out.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2009

Dr. Edward F. Barbano's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

UnitedHealthcare