Ratings for Dr. Perry J. Cole

Very degrading Dr. and doesn’t have any compassion for his clients. The staff even apologized for his actions and that tells you that he was in the wrong. Pain management got bought out by this new practice, so they are now “Integrated Pain Specialist”. My husband has been going to Pain Management for 6 years now and he got assigned to a new physician, Dr. Cole. He had to bring our 8 yr old daughter to the office because it was after school hours and little does she know her daddy was just going to get a wellness check-up. So off the bat, the Dr asked if she is old enough to sit out in the lobby by herself. My husband replied “ well ..she can sit out in the hallway by the door if it’s necessary”. So Dr Cole proceeded to degrade my husband aloud where our daughter can hear everything outside the door, mind you, the Medical Assistant was still in the room witnessing everything that was being said! He told my husband “why are you bringing your daughter to this office? Your only teaching her that you should go to a pain management Dr. when she gets older with pain!” My husband was so furious that he couldn’t look at him. He then said “look at me when I’m speaking to you!”, like my husband is a child. Really!!? Aren’t doctors supposed to be for their clients, help them manage their pain, make them feel comfortable and build rapport? After all this my daughter was completely upset when she heard all of this that her daddy was getting yelled at by a doctor. Wow! So that’s what you taught her! Doctors yell at clients! After the visit, the Medical assistance apologized for his doctors actions multiple times and the staff administrator over heard my husband complaining about him to the front office staff and made sure that this would get taken care of right away!!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

Although I do have insurance through BC/BS, they have not paid and the struggles continue with the insurance company, even with bills from Mayo Clinic. Dr. Cole has worked with me allowing payments with NO interest. Dr. Cole has helped tremendously, and his help with injections and blocks at Jacksonville Surgery Center have allowed me to keep moving. Sadly, his office is closed - again! Possibly a family emergency? He is in a solo practice, however it would have been helpful to have had a phone call prior to arriving at his door this morning only to find a "Closed Until Further Notice" on the door!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2012

I have seen several pain management physicians, yet, Dr. Cole took the time to delve into the neuro pain I have and got creative with true pain management coverage. I am sad to find that his patients, including me, are being referred to another practice while Dr. Cole goes through something at this time. I hope he comes back to his practice soon and that I can see hi again. He cares, is up to date on medicine, and thinks of options for those of us who are without insurance to be able to affford to see him and pay for our medicine. LOVE HIM!!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2012

Is this man on drugs or have serious anger issues? Something is deeply wrong with him.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2012

Dr Perry Cole seems to be a doctor merely to earn money. He lacks compassion for patients who are in need of relief from pain.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

flag | Submitted May 18, 2012

i have been seeing Dr. Cole for about 6 yrs and he and his staff are the best. highly reccomend

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

Dr. Cole is the best pain management doctor i have been to. He is up to date on the latest procedures. He takes his time. He also challenges me and encourages me to get better. Since seeing Dr. Cole 5 years ago, I have had a reduction in pain, i am more active, and i have reduced my medications. Dr. Cole is the primary reason i am better today than a few years ago.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2009

Dr. Perry J. Cole's Credentials

• Eastern Va Med Sch Of The Med Coll Of Hampton Roads, Norfolk Va 23501 (Grad. 1992)