Ratings for Dr. John D. Burgoyne

After 4 years, several endoscopies, 2 MRI, this doctor couldn't diagnose stage 4c tongue cancer! Sqamish cell carcinoma. Just kept telling me to increase my ibuprofen at every visit. 1600mg twice a day, sending me home. Amazingly enough, I have survived, after going to the UW Medical Center. Keep in mind, you only have one year to file a medical malpractice claim. My question is, how can one do that while under so many medications? I would have sued him for the breath he takes, making him live on the streets, which is close to where I am. My bad, it took me too long to seek a 2nd opinion. My husband finally called the U W Medical Center, and after 5 years I'm now a survivor. If it would have been caught early, I wouldn't be in the condition I'm in at this point. His license should be revoked!!! Nothing but a quack who looks at you're insurance first, then decides how to treat, in my opinion. I haven't had a meal in 4.5 years, only liquid nutrition through a hole in my stomach (feeding tube). No taste buds, or saliva glands, neuropathy from neck down. Be very very cautious, listen to you're gut, find a different doctor as fast as you're feet can get you out of his office! Dr. Burgoyne, if you're reading this and have questions, feel free to contact me so I can give you my attorney's number!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Dr. Burgoyne only is good if you have a simply problem that needs an antibiotic other wise he will tell you that sinus surgery is your best bet. I got second and third opinion both said I had TMJ so if you have a problem he cant figure out he will have you on the operating table in know time. The Doctor gets zero stars!!!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Dr Burgoyne saved my life! He did my tonsil cancer surgery and has treated my for my sinus and surgery for my sinus. I am thankful for him. Always kind, talks to me and answers my questions. I will refer him to anyone and everyone!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

I almost died from 2 surgeries he did. I learned my lesson.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

DO NOT use Dr Burgoyne for sinus surgery you will regret it! Not only does he have a condescending and dismissive bedside manner his techniques are grossly OUTDATED!!! He has not bothered to stay up to date...uses outdated instrument's for diagnosis, doesn't culture bacteria, or have a scope by which to view what's going on in your sinus. All of this results in his "best guess" and your SUFFERING!!! Additionally, his bedside manner is condescending, and will NOT believe you if you say you're in an intolerable amount of pain. I went in week after week in tears with pain only to walk out of my post-op appts. feeling as though I was crazy for feeling what I was feeling. 10 weeks after my sinus surgery with Dr Burgoyne I was still experiencing excruciating headaches and facial pain. I got a CT from my GP because Dr. B saw no need for one yet...too early. After the results showed that he hadn't done his job right. I called his office, Dr Burgoyne lost his temper over the phone with me "Why did you get a CT at this point?!! It's going to look like a miss at this point!! Everything will be fine." Everything wasn't fine!! I never went back to his office again. Fortunately, I found Dr. Davis at the U.W. who believes me when I say I'm in pain and works with me to figure out how to overcome it, scopes me every time I'm in his office and sends bacteria off to the lab to figure out which antibiotic I should be on. I did have to have another surgery to FIX Dr. Burgoyne's oversights and mistakes of which I had to suffer through 4 months later. Dr. Davis's staff at UW were delightful using top notch technics...able to breath right after surgery. Dr Burgoyne stuffs stints up your nose for 24 to 48 hours post surgery (can only breath through mouth for that period)....I felt like I was in a war after surgery with him vs Dr. Davis. New technics allow you to breath right after surgery...who knew? Not Dr. Burgoyne. I hope this review saves at least one person from his pain. It's time for Dr. Burgoyne to step aside.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

I say this doctor for a biopsy. He told me possible bad results could be sinus problems. Turns out that he destroyed my right eye and didn't even get a good biopsy. He never gave me an explanation for the damaged eye and after getting out of the hospital he saw me only once for a follow up to tell me the results of the biopsy. He could see the damage he had caused but gave me no recommendations for repairing my eye, no reason for the damage, no concern, and no more follow up visits. Basically he left me on my own to figure out what happened and what to do to fix it. Turns out there is no fixing what he did and my eye is now permanently useless.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

I've seen Dr. Burgoyne over the last 15 years on and off and he has now started treating my children as needed. I find him very knowledgeable and while he has a dry sense of humor he is NOT curt. As far as hand holding, he does it when he needs too...I very distinctly remember him gently encouraging me after I experienced what is pretty typical but uncomfortable pain after a surgery. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

I've been seeing DrB for a few years now. He is always on time (it's kind of amazing). Very smart and knowledgable, provides good advice and treatments. I agree he's not a hand-holder, but he is gentle and kind enough for me.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2009

I found this doctor to be curt and pushy. I saw him for a conult on one issue and he was insistant to discuss things he thought needed to be corrected that I wasnt event there for. He doesnt allow you to partner in your own care just "tells" you what he wants to do regardless of your opionion

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

Dr. Burgonyne knows his stuff. Mine was a benign vocal cord nodule. Had successful surgery and because I couldn't speak for a week Dr. answered my concerns through email faster then my friends answer back. If you need a good ear, nose and throat doctor this is the one, I've been going to him over 7 years and can't complain one bit.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2008

Dr. John D. Burgoyne's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Secure Horizons

Updates

• A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "After 4 years, several endoscopies, 2 MRI, this doctor couldn't diagnose stage 4c tongue cancer! Sqamish cell carcinoma. Just kept telling me to increase my i..."

May 25, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Burgoyne only is good if you have a simply problem that needs an antibiotic other wise he will tell you that sinus surgery is your best bet. I got second an..."

May 5, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Burgoyne saved my life! He did my tonsil cancer surgery and has treated my for my sinus and surgery for my sinus. I am thankful for him. Always kind, talks t..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I almost died from 2 surgeries he did. I learned my lesson."

February 20, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "DO NOT use Dr Burgoyne for sinus surgery you will regret it! Not only does he have a condescending and dismissive bedside manner his techniques are grossly OUT..."

October 12, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=7614'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.1

February 5, 2014