Ratings for Dr. Simon Walling

I would expect that anyone who comes under Dr. Walling's care is having a pretty bad day leading up to that point. As soon as you meet Dr. Walling his demeanor and bedside manner immediately makes an awful situation somewhat better. He is kind and caring and patient and excellent with kids. I couldnt thank him enough for the care he gave to my son.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Although our experience was less severe than many experiences in other comments, Dr Walling validated our concerns as if we were the only family he was helping. We came in to Dr Walling's care unexpectedly and in a panic over the health of our son. His compassion is humbling, his knowledge vast, and his bedside manner comforting and so human. I believe we are so fortunate to have Dr Walling at the IWK, and despite the circumstances in which we met, we feel blessed to have had our son in his care. I found myself emotional and at a loss for words when I thanked him at our final visit. He truly is an amazing human being.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

I had surgery in August 2016 to remove a Tumor on my brain. Dr. Walling was amazing. He was very thorough with his explanations and made sure both me and my family fully understood the situation, the procedure that was required as well as any potential risks. He was always very patient and gave us whatever time was needed to make sure our questions and concerns were addressed. We are very blessed to have this doctor in Halifax, his knowledge, professionalism and bed side manner is second to none :)

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

amazing surgeon. Very personable and easy to talk to. Makes sure you know what was going on and checks to be sure all questions answered.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

I must say I was disappointed with my overall experience with this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Amazing neurosurgeon! He saved my sons life by performing an 18 hour craniotomy for a large brain tumour. We can't thank him enough!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Like so many others who have posted their comments about Dr. Walling, I find that I cannot find the right words to convey just how much I respect and admire Dr. Walling. He saved my daughter's life twice in four months and saved me and my husband from a lifetime of despair and heartbreak. Our daughter developed "water on the brain" as a complication of NF1 and had to have emergency surgery twice - once to put a life saving shunt in and once to remove it after it had become blocked (did a different procedure which means she is shunt free now). He treated us with such respect, explained everything carefully and with great compassion. I think he and Dr. McNeeley (who also treated our daughter) are among some of the best neurosurgeons in the world and we are all so lucky to have them here in Nova Scotia. When my daughter came in for a check up with her regular neurologist a few weeks later, Dr. McNeeley came up just to say hello and see our little girl. I hope that if you or someone you love dearly ever needs neurosurgery, you will have the good fortune to be in the hands of these two amazing doctors and even more amazing people.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

Best doctor ever!! Dr. Walling has completed MANY brain and sine surgeries for myself and my family. He is always very honest in letting us know all of the risks before the surgery. He will spend as much time with you as needed to answer all of your questions. He really is 1 in a million.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

I was referred 7 years ago. Three months ago I finally get a phone call, that my name had reached the appointment schedule list. The secretary got all my updated information and said the date would be mailed out to me. I am still waiting. Got to love Nova Scotia medical system.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

Dr. Walling operated on me for a begign Hemangeoma. He kept me well informed and was very comforting to me and my family. We are totally impressed with his skill, candor and genuine nature. I cannot thank him enough.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016