Ratings for Dr. Simon Walling

He is an absolute credit to his profession, I hope Nova Scotia never loses him. After 5 years of headaches, nausea and persistent vomiting with no apparent cause and going through a very slow process of being referred to people that couldn't help or didn't believe the severity of what was happening, he and the plastic surgeon saw me in a month, followed very soon after by surgery. I don't know how to thank someone that not only took into consideration about what I had to say but has completely transformed my quality of life. He is the epitome of how a doctor should be

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Walling from a specialist in Moncton after being diagnosed with a brain tumour. He wanted me to have the best and I have to say, that's exactly who I got. My surgery went very well. I'm pleased with the outcome and I will soon be able to continue my every day life thanks to Dr. Walling and his team.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

Dr. Walling remover my husbands brain tumour ( acoustic neuroma ). He was amazing in every way .

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

I'm glad Dr. Walling was my Surgon I couldn't have asked for a better one he was very smart and he was very nice, his staff was understanding and very nice, I myself had a bad time at the hospital but his staff understood that and helped me out the best he could I only had one problem with my intire experience is he didn't update my faimly about how everything was going even after sooooo many people told my faimly to be in the lookout because a lady will come around and tell you how everything is going, other then that I would definitely recommend Dr. Walling to anybody who needs a Nero Surgon

flag | Submitted March 30, 2018

I have nothing but respect, admiration, and love for this man. He saved my 12 y/o daughters life. She had a large Medulloblastoma that took over 13 hours to remove. He is awesome all the way around. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

I have never met such brilliance paired with such incredible humility and compassion.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

I would expect that anyone who comes under Dr. Walling's care is having a pretty bad day leading up to that point. As soon as you meet Dr. Walling his demeanor and bedside manner immediately makes an awful situation somewhat better. He is kind and caring and patient and excellent with kids. I couldnt thank him enough for the care he gave to my son.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Although our experience was less severe than many experiences in other comments, Dr Walling validated our concerns as if we were the only family he was helping. We came in to Dr Walling's care unexpectedly and in a panic over the health of our son. His compassion is humbling, his knowledge vast, and his bedside manner comforting and so human. I believe we are so fortunate to have Dr Walling at the IWK, and despite the circumstances in which we met, we feel blessed to have had our son in his care. I found myself emotional and at a loss for words when I thanked him at our final visit. He truly is an amazing human being.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

I had surgery in August 2016 to remove a Tumor on my brain. Dr. Walling was amazing. He was very thorough with his explanations and made sure both me and my family fully understood the situation, the procedure that was required as well as any potential risks. He was always very patient and gave us whatever time was needed to make sure our questions and concerns were addressed. We are very blessed to have this doctor in Halifax, his knowledge, professionalism and bed side manner is second to none :)

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

amazing surgeon. Very personable and easy to talk to. Makes sure you know what was going on and checks to be sure all questions answered.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017