Ratings for Dr. Simon Walling

Best doctor ever!! Dr. Walling has completed MANY brain and sine surgeries for myself and my family. He is always very honest in letting us know all of the risks before the surgery. He will spend as much time with you as needed to answer all of your questions. He really is 1 in a million.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

I was referred 7 years ago. Three months ago I finally get a phone call, that my name had reached the appointment schedule list. The secretary got all my updated information and said the date would be mailed out to me. I am still waiting. Got to love Nova Scotia medical system.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

Dr. Walling operated on me for a begign Hemangeoma. He kept me well informed and was very comforting to me and my family. We are totally impressed with his skill, candor and genuine nature. I cannot thank him enough.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

I have had Dr Simon Walling for 2 surgeries on my back now. One in 2009 and one just this August 2015. I have the upmost respect for this surgeon. I have never felt more safe as I have while in his care. If you are unfortunate enough to have some type of neuro issue requiring surgery, hopefully you are fortunate enough to have Dr. Walling. I trust every word from him and would not hesitate having surgery again while under his care. Thank you Dr. Walling and thank you for everything you do.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr. Walling preformed major surgery for an acoustic neuroma. This gentleman is a credit to his profession. For people reading this review; you will be in very capable hands and Dr. Walling and staff at the "Infirmary" are the best!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

on September 12th 2001, Dr. Simon Walling performed my surgery fixing my chronic synostisis completely when I was four months old. 14 years later I am a healthy teenager with a very un-noticible scar across my head and my family is so thankful and blessed dr. Walling did such a great job or I'm not sure if I would be alive today! He is an amazing neurosurgeon and I definitely recommend dr walling! Thanks:)

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr Walling has been there for my daughter so much in her 5 years of age; he has performed 9 of her 11 neurosugeries. He always takes the time to explain what the problem is/was and is happy to answer any questions. He has a great rapport with my daughter and always makes her laugh! He is a great great man and we are so lucky to have him in the region :)

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

Several years ago Dr. Walling saved my husband's life. He suffered a TBI and had problems with fluid that were not relieved by normal measures. After a couple of shunt surgeries which failed to contol the problem, he performed an unusual surgery, not standard procedure, and the problem was solved. Less than a year later the shunt was no longer required and was removed. My husband has resumed working at his professional partnership with few problems. He is lucky to be alive, to be able to work and to enjoy life. Dr. Walling is an amazing surgeon, and a caring person. His dedication to his patients and his profession set him apart from any other doctor we have encountered. After leaving the hospital, followup was conducted at his office at the hospital, and we did not experience delays or problems. Saint John lost a great surgeon when he moved to Halifax, and a great person.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

Dr.Walling was awesome he did a great job on my neck...and the scar he left is pretty much faded. His Bed-side Manner is excellent I couldn't ask for a better Neurosurgeon. Thanks Again..Awesome Job

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

Dr Walling is an excellent doctor who put a first time shunt in my head on May 1, 2012 due to water on the brain. Dr Walling took the time to explain the surgery to me and always had time to answer all my questions. While I was in the hospital he visited me each day. I highly recommend Dr Walling and appreciate everything he has done for my family and myself. After the surgery he went out himself to explain how the surgery went to my nervous waiting wife. I can not thank this doctor enough for everything he has done.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012