Ratings for Dr. Todd Penner

My inquinal hernia surgery experience was incredibly efficient and professional. I want to thank Dr. Penner and his team for providing me with the very best care.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

I love Dr. Penner. He has a great bedside manner. He explained my issues to me very thoroughly and was very easy to understand. He is a compassionate man and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

This Doctor is the worst in the world. He dismissed my mother's diagnosis of CANCER! Blaming the pain and inflammation is cause by giving birth 27 years ago!!! My mom is losing weight rapidly and cannot eat or anything and for him to say "Good she could lose a few pounds" is beyond words. She is roughly 130lbs. Total hack.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Dr. Penner is an amazing surgeon. He was a very compassionate doctor and reassured me every step of the way. I had an adrenalectomy which is a very rare surgery and Dr. Penner did an amazing job removing my adrenal gland with no complications whatsoever. His after surgery care was evident as he came to see me every day before discharge. I was very Blessed that I was referred to him and his staff for this surgery. He is a Saint on earth who cares about his patients and their healing. Thank you Dr.Penner and I hope I never have to see you again, under these circumstances. lol

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr. Penner is AMAZING!!! I had him in July2015 for my VSG (Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy).. I have lost 170lbs and now a revison to RNY-Gastric Bypass (Roux-en-y). He SAVED my life! I was 479 lbs, was on my death bed! Great bedside manner, soothing voice, very knowledgeable and easy on the eyes (Ocean blue eyes)!!! I am so thrilled that I will be having him as my surgeon!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Dr. Penner (Todd, Patrick) . This doctor is so spaced out and cannot answer simple questions. His secretary wants to deal with informed consent, that is prohibited by law. He cannot look a patient in the eye when asked questions. I have witnessed this myself. He gives patients bad advice and confused patients with other patients. He does not examine patients after the residents check the patients. I do not know how he got through medical school, perhaps there was a big donation made to UHN by his family. I have worked health care for 30 years and with other surgeons. Never have seen a doctor to mixed up and lacking in knowledge.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

I owe my life to this man, he's a very knowledgable and caring person. Thank you for taking the time to save my life

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

This man almost killed me. He then spent months ensuring that my treatment was as painful and hard to obtain as possible until I finally got another surgeon to start fixing his mistakes. Three and a half years later I am still in pieces and on disability. He is arrogant, sadistic and bad at his job. Don't walk away... run.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

7 months post hernia repair and pain is getting worse since he decided to cut out more than agreed upon. Horrible bed side manners and impossible to get a follow up appointment.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Wonderful and amazing Doctor. Great bedside manner took time to speak with me for almost 20 minutes after my Sleeve Gatrectomy and Hiatal Hernia repair. He called my daughter to tell her the surgery had gone according to plan. He is exactly what every doctor should be -knowledgeable, effecient, professional, thorough and very truthful in explaining the proceedure ,risks and expectations. Doctor Penner you are my hero

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015