Ratings for Dr. Jerry Tenenbaum

As grumpy as he could sometimes be, I felt confident of the care I received from Dr. Tenenbaum. He was a good listener, and proactive in checking for the likelihood of future issues. A very efficient doctor. I had an appointment exactly a month before his passing. Will miss him.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

My experience: Very professional office. Polite and helpful receptionist. Appointments on time to the minute. After 25 years of no help, Dr. Tenenbaum LISTENED and HEARD what I was saying. He asked me the right questions, ordered the right tests, made a diagnosis for a condition I'd never heard of, and prescribed medication that allowed me a better quality of life. I am absolutely devastated that he is gone.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Fairly new patient...rnjoyed the Dr.s thoroughness & sence of humor & no nonsence way, Will be verymissed.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Wonderful doctor. He will be sadly missed. He helped me when the previous rheumatologist couldn't figure it out.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr Tenenbaum was a very caring doctor, I am very sad to hear that he passed

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I have seen Dr. Tenenbaum since 2014. His knowledge and confidence guild me through these three years! Sad to see he is gone now! Truly missed, Dr. Tenenbaum! You are one of the best Dr.s in town!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I've been going to him for a few years and he's been managing my arthritis very well. Shocked and sad to hear that he suddenly passed away at the end of June of this year.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I've had this Doctor for years in his first office up near Jubilee I was very impressed by him especially since he still had his sense of humour even though brusque. He was knowledgeable, took an appropriate amount of time with meds and diagnosing complaints. However the last few years with him have deteriated. Your very lucky if you get 5 mins. with him. He has lost his sense of humour. His receptionist is rude and difficult. No followup on xrays or ultrasounds unless you call. However I was impressed when he phones from across the country if you need something urgent. I think though he should drop his part time Mt. Sinai practice in Toronto and be more attentive to his patients here in Victoria.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

A little gruff on the outside, but as long as you take the time to come prepared and be to the point with what you have to tell him, he listens. Just don't ramble and have specific complaints and questions ready. He will answer your questions. He is super thourough in ordering tests, and speaks to me like I actually have a brain when discussing my medical issues. I am a 40yr complex auto immune patient, I trust that he has my back. I do wish he was a little softer/more approachable- but I would trade that for thourough and knowledgable any day. His staff have been helpful at getting me same day or adjusted appointments based on flare ups. He is always on time.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Dr. Tenenbaum is a no nonsense, caring doctor. I've been a patient for over 5 years and appreciate the depth of knowledge he brings to my treatment. He always has time to explain what my test results mean and is ready to answer questions when needed.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016