Ratings for Dr. Mike Armitage

We saw this Doctor today for my son. He was fantastic! He was very intuitive, intelligent and energetic. Very "real". He didn't dismiss anything. Very thorough. Uses his intelligence and common sense approach. We need more like him. Thank you Doctor Armitage.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Dr. Armitage was very knowledgable and with his diagnosis and treatment; he took an additional test to find a cause. I found him as a no non-sense logical person who comes to the point since he knows he has more patients waiting to see some one.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

Saturday night I was rushed to the hospital by my boyfriend because I was dehydrated and very sick. I was in alot of pain. When he finally saw me he was very rude and disrespectful. He blamed me for making myself sick and told me that no one gets better being lazy laying in bed. He wrote me a useless prescription and sent me home still dehydrated. My conditonhas sense worsened after seeing him. I will avoid him at all costs from now on.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

saw Dr. Armitage in emergency in the From hospital on the 23rd of Feb.2016after waiting 8 or more hrs.Do dnot like him! In my opinion there is something not right there.He was not what I thought the way a professional Should act.Walking all aronnd the small room, waving his arms, rambling on, asking questions but not listening when I tried to answer made me to believe he was missing the intelligence that a person would expect from a Dr. Doing emergency care I put it down to this is because there is a shortage of Drs.and this is all From can provide.I am very surprised that the hospital would keep him after all the other poor reviews,which I can relate to. 00

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016

This doctor has complete disregard for anyone in his care. Complete incompetence with me and my 12 yr old son with a severely infected ingrown toenail.. I will avoid his ingrorance at all cost and therefore go to oromocto for emergencies. He rates 0 for our whole family. Ignorant personality.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

This Doctor was sending my father in law home, said he had a stomach flu, was there for 8 hours that day and was sending him home…1 more blood test requested from another doctor, he was in septic shock, 8 different bacterias in his blood! now on life support since may 2013. On dialysis, in an out of coma, tube fed and told will never leave the hospital now in SJ. Two weeks ago, daughter was tired all the time, stomach pains, felt like was going to be sick a lot, sore neck and muscle…same Dr. was told after urine results back that she has a viral infection. Nurse mentioned prior to him coming in, urine didn't look great…he said never mind that, viral and will pass, sent home. Monday morning call from my family physician, Dr. Keddy, inquiring about my daughter and how she was doing and if she was given prescription??? said no, for what? She had e-coli in her urine results!!!!!! if this doesn't scare you, not sure what would….imagine being in his care?! RUN

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

I attended the ER with an adult with cognitive delays who had been complaining about abdominal pain. Dr. Armitage was dismissive of her and I had to reiterate several times that I knew her medical history and if she was complaining of pain, there had to be something wrong. He had some blood taken and sent her for an abdominal XRay (which didn't help her anxiety) and he then ended his shift. His replacement took one look at her chart and ordered a urine sample. It showed a significant UTI (bladder infection) and she was given a prescription for meds and released right away. Had Dr. Armitage done this in the first place, it would have been less invasive, and MUCH more efficient for everyone involved.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

Honestly give me a break, saw him today at emergency, he babbled on and kept repeating himself, am sure he didn't read my intake report as he was checking me for something I didn't want to be checked for. I left their feeling confused.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2011

One word: USELESS! I bleed for 3 hours before he finally confessed he wasnt sure what he was doing and finally called a specialist at 6am to treat my condition. I had asked him to call at 2am and refused because of my disorder. USELESS

flag | Submitted July 2, 2010

We had Dr. Armitage for several years before he went to the H department. He was by far the best family Dr. we have ever had. We've not seen him in Emergency. His communication is excellent, and he walks you through his thought process. You are a person as opposed to a per visit fee.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2010