Ratings for Dr. Leland Benson

This Doctor is exellent he saved our sons life at Sick Kids. He has done numerous caths on him. And now follows him at the U.H.N.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

Top CDIU interventionist. He is who you want if you child has to have any kind of cath procedure.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

I went from palliative to living again because of him and his expertise!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2013

Has my respect and my trust. I feel he truly understands what parents go through if they have a child with a heart defect

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

My son had him for a few years. He messed up his first heart surgery, said he wouldnt need anymore and put him off to a new doctor. My son has had major heart/other issues because of the mistakes Benson made.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2011

Dr. Benson is the best! If you have the unfortunate diagnosis of a child with heart disease, this is the man you want! He is super smart, speaks with respect, always listens to the parents and is fabulous with the patient.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2011

Fabulous Dr... we travel to Sick Kids from New Brunswick to see Dr Benson and Sick Kids.. fabulous hospital and Dr Benson is wonderful and we feel very confident that he is the best Dr for our son. Easy to talk to, open and answers questions and concerns with compassion and understanding. We feel he is world class and that is why we travel from afar to see him worth it!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2010

After being bounced around between a few Dr's we finally had the good luck to meet Dr. Benson. I had been told he's not a warm and fuzzy guy, but rather straight to the point and no nonsense. I liked him the moment I met him. He knowledge is amazing. His confidence (not to be confused with arrogance) is comforting. I trusted his skill and his ability right from the start. My son, who is an adolescent, liked the fact that Dr Benson spoke TO him and made sure he was aware and comfortable with the things that were being discussed. Dr Benson may not be "warm and fuzzy" but he is personable and genuine, and he's an amazing physician. What more could a patient or their family ask for?

flag | Submitted February 13, 2010

As others mentioned...If Dr. Benson hadn't been the Cardiologist on call when my son was born and arrived at Sick Children's Hospital, I don't believe he would still be with us. He was the BEST!!! He was knowlegdable, calm with kids and parents. A real gem that helps us know that we have the best of medicine for children at the Hospital for Sick Children. Thank you Dr. Benson.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2009

DR.Benson is a very intelligent man. He is modest about his professional accomplishments. He speaks to the patient and family with respect. He asks the children about their lives not just their heart function. A Gem of a doctor and human being. Best wishes to him and his team of nurses for good health.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2008