Ratings for Dr. Kerry Chan

Doctor Chen is an excellent pediatrician. The clinic reception is not very good. I found them to refuse explanation when questioned.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Dr Chan was my daughters Dr for almost 8 yrs. She was born with many issues and was special needs. He was always there for us, took time to thoroughly explain, and to listen, as punctual as could was possible, seldom kept us waiting, very knowledgeable and worked back and forth with children's hosp in calg. We couldn't have asked for a better Dr! His kindness and understanding in difficult circumstances is excellent and so deeply appreciated.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Took my twins and he was very patient and let them play with his stethoscope.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

My son was born with an airway defect and we were referred to Dr. Chan. He has been my son's pediatrician for the last 18 months, during which time we have had several, several appointments. He has always been on time with appointments (as much as you can expect with any clinic, but in my opinion a shorter wait than any other clinic I've ever attended), thorough in exams, supportive of me and my efforts to help my son, and always very happy to discuss things in length with me. He has referred me to several specialists to rule out other issues to make sure we are on the right treatment path (including Calgary children's hospital), and he has always been cautious to prescribe lowest doses of medication to start with (not the highest). He has taken the utmost care of my child and I trust him 110% with my son's needs. We are VERY happy with Dr. Chan. I couldn't ask for a better doctor for my son. I've also never had an issue with his staff. They've always been very helpful, quick to fit me in for last minute or emergency appointments, and friendly. Dr. Chan and his staff rocks.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

I was referred by our family dr for two of our children. We had to wait over half an hour in the waiting room. Our children needed to be weighed and they did that in one room then made us wait in the hall with our kids stripped down to diapers because the exam room was not ready. Every time I call, the wait is 10 mins to speak to a receptionist. Dr. Chan was very condescending and made me feel inadequate as a mother. My daughter was sent for bloodwork and they gave us a requisition sheet for the wrong person. The staff is not very friendly and we have not had a good experience at all with this clinic.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr. Chan is friendly and really good with my son who was born at 26 weeks. He explains things clearly and is helpful.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

This doctor prescribed 400mcg per day of Qvar for my 5 year old. 320mcg is the maximum dosage to be given to a child per day. Doctor appeared to be offended when questioned concerning dose. Please be responsible and check your child's dosage levels.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

dr chan is AMAZING:)he is always willing to take the extra few minutes and make sure everything is covered and we always leave happy and re assured!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

Dr. Chan has been my daughters Pediatrician for almost 7 years now. He is very thorough and takes his time gathering as much information as he needs. He is very good at sharing his knowledge with you. You do not feel left in the dark, and when you have a question he will take the time to answer.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2011

excellent doctor with our twins in the nicu. he is attentive, knowledgable,kind, and not in a hurry to rush babies home before they are ready. very thankful to have him as a doctor.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2010