Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth Jeney

Having suffered from a chronic headache that began 17 months ago in a Mexican jungle, and having been evaluated by a very thorough nuerologist, I asked my family physician refer me to an ear, nose & throat specialist. I spent considerable time compiling a detailed history of head injuries, symptoms & failed treatments, but Dr. Jeny was not interested in anything I had to offer about my medical history. She spent about 3 minutes looking in my ears & up my nose, and decided there was nothing wrong with my sinuses – period. The appointment was over, and she made no diagnosis, nor recommendation as to what I might do to obtain a diagnosis or alleviate the headache which had recently abated, but which has since returned. Basically, I wasted three months waiting to see a doctor who appeared entirely indifferent to my situation.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2019

Dr. Jeny saved my life. She looked after me when I had a nose bleed that would not stop. I had 3 surgeries to stop the bleeding. She is my life saver. I would recommend my grandchildren to her. No problem. Staff is excellent and friendly. Thank you Dr. Jeny.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2019

Dr Jeney diagnosed my elderly mom's chronic condition and corrected the problem within minutes of her appointment. We were very impressed withe the fact she had reviewed the notes on my mom's condition before our arrival and was able to correct my mom's condition when so many other medical people (seen in the last year) could not! The actual appointment only lasted 15 minutes, but in that time the doctor diagnosed the problem, fixed the problem and answered any and all questions we had.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2019

Dr. Jeney is terrible. She doesn't listen and then tries to diagnose something that is totally not a problem. Then she says I have never had a surgery and I know I was in surgery twice before. I keep repeating the problem and it is like I just said it the first time. Very poor patient diagnostic skills.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2018

First time going, office was not clean, dirty gloves lying in room, spent two hours just to go from one room to another. Was asked questions and she did other testing”like sticking things up my nose and in my throat, I was NOT pleased... & for things completely non related to why I was there.. currently getting referral to someone else for second opinion and somewhere sanitary.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2018

Contrary to all the negative reviews regarding Dr. Jeney, both of my visits to her have been most pleasant and productive. She diagnosed my problem quickly and efficiently while explaining everything that she was doing. When finished, she sent a very concise report to my family doctor. I wonder perhaps if some of her patients need an attitude adjustment! I gladly award her five stars.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2018

So many complaints about Dr. Jeney, and to what effect? Are any of these complaints by numerous patients taken seriously? Or are they invalidated? All I've seen here is many complaints, along with other testimonials that these complaints aren't for the most part true, in other words there seems to be some invalidating happening here. I've checked other doctor's ratings and many are highly rated with mostly very positive comments. Dr. Jeney however has some of the worst comments I've read about any doctor,which leads me to believe that there must be some validity to the negative comments, especially since many give detailed accounts of events and sound plausible.Do who really is Dr. Jeney, what kind of beliefs and attitudes does she have. There are certain types of people that behave in the manner in which many have described her behaviour.Someone should look at all the personality attributes and behavious that patients have been complaining about and match them up to a certain personality type. Textbooks of Personality and Abnormal Psychology/Psychiatry may be consulted for this task.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2018

I felt Dr Jeney and her staff were very pleasant and thorough. ENT is a very busy profession and I was very satisfied with the wait time and my examination. She explained what she was doing and her assessment and why that was her assessment. She listened to my concerns. I have been to another ENT previously with less than stellar attention to my concerns.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2018

She is probably, mostly competent, however I would confirm all the reported problems with her personality which is an unconscious manifestations of much deeper underlying issues. But what can you do, her brother in-law is CEO of the Ontario Medical Association. Fortunately he is a much nicer person, possibly too nice.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2018

I don't know why she's getting low reviews! Dr. Jeney worked miracles on my chronic sinus issues. I was unable to breath through my nose for almost my entire teen and adult life . I went to many terrible doctors who just called it allergies and ignored my request for help. One meeting with Dr. Jeney and i was in for an MRI and weeks later I was having surgery to fix my nose. The surgery was perfect, and I experienced no bruising or pain despite being warned I would. It's been 10 years since that surgery and I still have no issues. I am scheduled to see her again for an Ear issue and I am looking forward to her expertise to solve this issue too.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2018