Ratings for Dr. Michael H. Smelser

Were it not for Dr. Smelser's knowledge, I would not be writing this review. My thyroid glad stopped functioning. My metabolism damned near came to a complete halt. Dr. Smelser immediately diagnosed my problem.At that time, my cholesterol,triglycerides and liver enzymes were off the charts.After taking levothyrixine for a couple months, all my lab values fell back to within normal limits. I then had a terrible lumbar spine injury requiring three surgeries that failed to alleviate my pain. I was bed confined for two years due to chronic intractable severe pain. I tried pain management doctors and multiple nerve blocks. None of this helped. Dr. Smelser cared enough and had the patience to try different combinations of pain killers until he found a combination that worked. I am not anywhere near pain free and never will be but I can get up and about and go for walks on most days. Dr. Smelser never gave up on me and was caring and determined to help. I owe my life to this good man.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

Dr. Michael H. Smelser's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)