Ratings for Dr. Meliha H. Shah

pleasant but not helpful; incorrect diagnosis several times; difficult to get appointments.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

Dr. Shah is wonderful! She is caring, knowledgeable, compassionate and is always happy to thoroughly answer any questions I have.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

Was referred to Dr. Shah by a retina specialist who raved about her abilities. I am in very good health and my doctor visits are limited to the once every two years physical...so I cannot really judge her disease treatment abilities. The 20 minutes spent with me however were not neither informative nor cordial--pretty much just a standard once-over of my body with the directive to access my blood test results online. No follow-up review on her part of anything. Makes me long for times past when doctors actually appeared to take a real interest in who you are and where your health might be heading.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2011

I scheduled this appointment 2 month ahead. I was very excited about this doctor as I was referred to her by the GI doctor who is one of the top rated doctors in Washington DC area. I was running late about 5 to 10 minutes on the day of the appointment. I work in DC and her office is in Reston, VA about 25 miles away. My appt. was scheduled for 2pm and I have left my work on 12:45pm. Even though it was Friday mid-day, the traffic was horrible and thus I was running late as well. I called them about 1:40pm to let them know that I may be 10 min. late. I was a new patient. When the receptionist answered my call she told me that their policy was if the patient is late, they need to reschedule it. I was so upset with this because no one has told me about this policy when I scheduled the appointment on the first place. This is why I give ZERO to this doctor. If she cannot be sympathetic and she cannot understand this, I really do not want to see her at all.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011

She's the best. Very knowlegeable, pleasant and efficient. I understand why she's leary of prescribing antibiotics. Overuse can cause resistance to infections. Therefore responsible physicians are careful not to prescribe it unless absolutely necessary. My whole family loves this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011

Best family doctor I have ever had. Spends time and understands where I am coming from. Makes me feel like she really cares about me. Great!!!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

Good Friendly Doctor. Recommended a blood test which turned out to be helpful. I would recommend her to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2011

I have no idea what these other people are talking about. This doctor was great. I went in for a physical and she recommened to had my blood and urine test done. She really seemed like she cared about my health and did not rush me at all. She refilled all my prescriptions. She knew all the answers to my questions. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2009

She's friendly, but her clinical skills are lacking. She will not prescribe antibiotics even when it's cleary indicated that you need them. I saw her once because I couldn't get an appointment with my regular doctor. She would not prescribe antibiotics -ended up having to call the doctor on call on the weekend because I was getting worse. Forturnately, it happened to be my regular doctor who after asking me a couple of questions, prescribed antibiotics. Happened again - after explaining my symptoms she refused to prescribe antibiotics stating I hadn't waited long enough for the infection to clear. I made an appointment with my regular doctor the next day, who said that my mucus was green and I needed antibiotics.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

Saw the physician after an ER visit. She did no evaluation, but said she would request medical records from the hospital. I expected her to think for herself and make an evaluation. Nice, but not helpful.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2007

Dr. Meliha H. Shah's Credentials

• Hindi

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Top Hospitals in Reston, VA