Ratings for Dr. James S. Rodgerson

Dr. Rodgerson was my family doctor for almost 2 decades. I always thought he was a fantastic doctor until a couple particular visits in which he did some things that made me feel very uncomfortable - enough so that I stopped going to him. I went in for my annual physical and I mentioned that I was feeling pain during intercourse with my boyfriend. He then inserted two fingers into my vagina, and thrust them in and out and asked "was he thrusting like this"? On a previous visit, he started pushing his finger into my anus during a pelvic exam, and I started to ask him what he was doing and he stopped. I was in such shock because I'd had enough pelvic exams in my life to know that that's not how the exam goes. After years of doubting myself and not mentioning these experiences, I finally told my friend who's a GP and she said that what he did was completely inappropriate and that all she needed was his name and she'd report him. I don't think I'll ever report this, but I wanted to share in case I'm not the only woman who had experiences like this with him. I still can't wrap my head around it. He always seemed like such a good man to me, but I can't deny these uncomfortable experiences, nor my loss of trust.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Simply the best. we are so lucky to have him as our GP.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

We call him the great one, that pretty much says it all. He makes you feel like his Favorite Patient and a friend, I am so happy to have him as my family doctor!

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

look up definition of "doctor" in the dictionary...his name should be there ....best ever

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Dr Rodgerson is simply AMAZING! You can always get to see him whenever you have an urgent issue. You never feel rushed during the appointment (i guess because he does not double and triple book his patients). He makes you feel better after the appointments regardless of what the issue is. And yes, he does not hesitate to refer to the specialist. I fear the day he wont be our family doctor anymore, as I don't think anyone can fill his shoes.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

Dr Rogerson is one of a kind. He is truly the best doctor I have ever seen. He took me on as a patient and my daughter ounce she was born. He takes great care of my daughter who is now one and always goes above and beyond with his patients. I can always be reassured that when I'm worried about something as a new mom I can phone is office and always have dr Rogerson to talk to even over the phone. What doctors now a days do this for there patients. I will be very sad when he decided to retire as he truly is one of a kind. His staff are always so helpful and kind and I truly enjoy visiting his office.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Dr. Jim is awesome! He knows his stuff, and also knows some of the top people in the field when referrals are needed. When I was so sick and in pain that I couldn't get to his office, he actually made a house call!!! His level of service is off the charts; so is his support of his patients and his advocacy for what's best for them.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

They don't come any better. Doc R has been our family Dr. ever since I was a child. Matter of fact, he used to come see us while we were still under Dr. Murray's care, he was just a young guy then. He has been like a member of our family, having cared for my Grandparents, Parents, Myself and my Children. He's the very best there is, can't imagine what we would ever do without him.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

Submitted August 24, 2014

Doc R. is clearly the best GP ever, for a variety of reasons. He's knowledgeable, beyond a doubt, but what he does immediately (as all GP's should, but rarely do) is send the patient to the appropriate specialist whenever the issue is beyond the scope of his knowledge. They're called "General Practitioners" for a reason. They need to know a little, about pretty much any and all areas of medicine, and whenever it's beyond that basic knowledge (which is often), they're "supposed" to do what Doc R. does immediately. That's what is such a breath of fresh air about him. I've had the pleasure of being in his care for only about 15 years (which really makes me a newbie for him) but I'm with pretty much every reviewer here, I hope he never ever retires. But knowing that will happen one day will leave a gaping hole where once sat a great great man.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014