Ratings for Dr. Amy E. Rothberg

Dr. Rotheberg was my endocrinologist for a thyroid nodule. She has biopsied it, and kept track through ultrasounds through checkup appointments. It was at one of these appointments that I asked her about an alternate test for thyroid and she FLIPPED OUT! SHE STERNLY TOLD ME THAT "THEY WERE THE DOCTORS AND THEY DECIDED HOW AND WHAT TO TEST. " (I also have a slight depression issue) and she preceded to tell me that I should go straight home and contact a therapist to get treated (of which she gave me a name to call). First of all, if you cannot discuss possible health alternatives with your doctor and/or they treat you like they are scolding a young child, you need to leave and never go back. Which is exactly what I did. No one should ever be treated this way.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

This doctor was very rude. She thought she had all the answers about me as a person after being in the exam room 2 minutes or less. I have a history of depression and have struggled with my weight for years. All the problems I was having were attributed to either the depression or my weight issues, and I feel I was unfairly criticized during the first (and only) appointment I had with her. I never went back for my follow up appointment, and will seek an alternate doctor should I need an endocrinologist in the future.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2010

Dr. Amy E. Rothberg's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

MSP/BC Med