Ratings for Dr. Paramjiy Singh Suri

I use to be satisfied with Dr.Suri until I was bit by a tick and contracted Lymes Disease. The wait time at the clinic he has on Montreal road is ridiculous. Even if you have an appointement u can definitely plan to be there for a few hours easily. Therefore on short notices I took the habit of going to Apple Tree clinics as one of the doctors I would see there is Amazing and does not make you wait unnecessarily. After receiving my diagnosis of Lymes the apple tree doctor I was seeing at the time suggested I visit my family Dr to update him on my medical situation. After a few months wait to obtain the appoint with Dr. Suri, he announces to me that since my last visit with him he became an infectious disease specialist; after explaining to him the whole bit by a tick ordeal he starts telling me that it is impossible that I was bit by this tick for less than 12 hours to contract Lymes, that apparently this tick would have grown from a larva to a bug on my body, hence the reason why I would not have been aware that it had been on me for that extended period of time! Now from the moment I removed the tick from my skin to that appointement with Dr. Suri I have done intensive research on the matter and any forth grader who would do a research paper on the matter could also confirm that Dr Fahim has no clue what he is talking about. I would not recommend him as an ID guaranteed!!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I recently reviewed Dr. Siri and have since switched clinics to a better doctor. Now that I have seen the difference between the two, I highly suggest that you stay as far away from this doctor as possible. The consultation Dr. Siri gave was 5 minutes long and did not discuss recommended hygiene practices, disease rates in the country I was visiting, nor did it cover the regions I was visiting and what vaccines I would need given this information. In fact, Dr. Siri recommended a vaccine which I have since discovered has a 4% effectiveness rate. Dr. Siri deliberately ignored some of the things I was saying (eg. That I was staying in somewhat nice accommodations) in order to prescribe a more extensive set of vaccines. This doctor is out to make money and appears willing to risk your health in order to do it. The staff did not provide me with documentation of my vaccines as is suggested.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Wait time was a standard 30-45 minutes beyond my appointment time. The doctor provided a very quick analysis of my travel vaccine needs and laid out a treatment plan with four follow-ups. His demeanour was neutral to unfriendly, though he seemed knowledgeable. My issue is with his pricing. His fees for travel vaccines are at least 20-25% above those of competing travel clinics and certainly above insurable amounts. He does not provide the additional service that might warrant his prices.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Very helpful and knowledgeable doctor. He has patient and has time to listen to your troubles.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

He obviously knows that he's talking about and is a good doctor. However in the year and a half I have been seeing him, he's only ever been on time once. Every other time I have been waiting 45+ minutes to sit in his office for a 2-5 minute appointment. He needs to either time manage better or schedule longer appointments for those who need it. His receptionist is very rude and obviously doesn't care about the patients.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

He gave me all the shots I needed as well as excellent councelling. He explained which shots were necessary and which ones I did not really need. He was honest about the costs of the vaccines. I have a tendency to faint abd he was great at catching me! On the other hand, you will wait at least half an hour to see him. He was there four times in a five weeks period and I waited from 30 minutes to an hour each time.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Went to Dr for travel visit. Gives canned warnings on the normal things a traveler should know. charges for all visits (including a follow up visit which took 2 minutes for him to give a 2nd Hep vaccine) sells you meds from his office (often over insurance coverage rates) Was not impressed, did not enjoy the interaction I had with him, would not recommend, but if you need a travel doctor in Ottawa you don't have tones of options, and he will give you any and every shot and medication you may need.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

The only negative thing is the wait, but for an excellent doctor its worth it. He is knows his stuff, has excellent bed side manners, and answers any and all questions one would have.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

You visit the doctor 3-th time, and he ask you "how can I help you" without reading results from laboratory. He should look first at the history...

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

The shortest amount of time I've waited is 30 mins to get in after my appointment time. I've waited upwards of 2 hours before to get in and see him for a 5 min appointment. Staff does not seem to care that much about their clients. Although Dr. Suri does seem to know what he's talking about and has helped with my problem you will be waiting a long time to see him even if you say you work later.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015