Ratings for Dr. Louis R. Giavedoni

He seems to be a competent Doctor... no issues with that, however for retinal surgery I never interacted with him, just other Doctors... I didn't get a consult with him until something like my 6th appointment (and then had to wait 7 hours for a 5 minute look-see). Generally the office is not good with scheduling or educating patients about the process or what to expect (retinal fellows scribble things on scraps of paper). It would be an obvious improvement to have a photocopied pamphlet: "what to expect with retinal surgery"... it would definitely create a better patient experience rather than a purely mechanical one. A good outcome was acheived but they should have a more patient-centric approach.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

I came in with a retina detachment , I was sent to see dr Giavedonni after I went to see my optometrist. I was seen the same day and operated the next day. I was nervous because I didn’t know what to expect but he was kind and explained to me everything. The staff was friendly and I am able to keep my vision .

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

This guys office is horrible the way it is run. We are told to show up before 2pm so we show up at 1. They then make us wait for 6 hours to be seen. This is the third time this has happened. It doesn't seem like they operate on appointments. They just tell everybody to show up at the same time and take it from there. This is no way an office should be run and I can't believe they can make people sit in a waiting room for this long.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

My mother is very thankful for Dr. Giavedoni . . He gives his patients time and answered all of my question that I had for my mother He is truly knowledgeable and the best in this field.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

It looks like this is the right one...based off the clinic across from but associated with st michael's hospital...I don't have much to say about the doctor as i only saw him for a second before he kicked me out of the room (we were there for my husband) but a lot was left to be desired from his staff...first visit went pretty quick, was told to come back in 2 weeks for a followup to see if his eye had stayed the same or gotten worse...that's where the problems began...went back 2 weeks later for a 3pm appointment, got checked in and all that....he got the eye drops put in THAN the secratary came and told us that i guess this wasn't the follow up they said it was. he needed a completly diff. dye than last time so she gave him a prescription (keep in mind this is after the eye drops were put in to numb and dilate his eyes for the exam) and told him he would have to go downstairs to get the prescription filled (after a call on her part it turns out the pharmacy downstairs didn't have that dye anyways). than he was told that there was emergency patiants that had been waiting for hours (that apparently she didn't know about) so he should rebook his appointment or he would probably be there for hours. at this point my husband is pissed cause they had him all prepped for the examination (eyedrops)..we did not book another appointment and left and went to st mikes across the street to check about the dye...turns out it cost almost $300...I call the office the next day to tell them we can't afford it right now. the secratary tells me she will check with the doctor if my husband needs that dye (and also says she didn't know the dye cost money) and will call me back THAT DAY....fast forward almost a week...i call back...apparently she still hasn't heard from the doc but will call me by the end of the week which at least she did to tell me the doc says he needs to use this dye and there is no way for them to help...been trying to work with my husband's workplace to get the dye (he's covered we think but his workplace is one where you pay first and than they reimburse). imagine my surprise when they call this morning to find out if my husband is coming in to his appointment on monday...called them back to be told by an inpolite lady and impatiant lady that regardless of the fact that we did not agree to come back in 2 weeks and that we have told the office that we cannot afford the dye that when we left lat time they automatically made another appointment for him for two weeks without telling us.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Dr Giavedoni is an excellent caring doctor. He has great bedside manners.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

I went to Dr. Giavedoni with a complete vision loss in my lef eye. He operate on me the very next day and restored my vision 100%. He is very experienced and takes good care of all his patients. I am very greatful to him. All the patients I met at his office are aware of the long wait time and they do so willing because they know Dr. Giavedoni will take care of their eyes. By the way, the office staff tell the patients upfront about the long wait time. I did come to him through the Hospital Emergency Room from the previous night and he did accommodated me in his extremely busy schedule in the office and the surgery within two days. Thank you very much Dr. Giavedoni for restoring my vision. Hassan Iman ( Toronto, ON)

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Dr Giavedoni has been my My eye surgeon for the past year. He saw me the same day and had me fit in for eye surgery the next day. He has helped restore my vision and I am truly grateful. His staff is pleasant and they are great!! This clinic is extremely busy and wait time is very very long, but being able to see and avoiding vision loss is well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

He has very unpleasant staff at his reception. They constantly overbook and make people wait upward of 4 - 5 hours. And when we end up seeing the doctor he appears to rush thorough everything. As far as his idiots staffs, an Asian girl in particular was so rude in conveying there is a 5 hours wait time today and the reason for the delay is because "we are St. michaels Hospital, not a clinic and we are seeing emergency first" wonder where Dr. Giavedoni keeps his eyes when he brings them on his team!!! Maybe this girl in particular is not familiar with concepts of out patient!!!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Good chair side manner. Excellent surgeon. Informative. Staff was helpful and friendly. Extremely busy office. He was even able to give me back a little more eyesight than I went in with (lost before I saw him).

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017