Ratings for Dr. Clifford Carter

I went in complaining of chronic headaches, dizziness, some hearing loss and blurriness in my left eye and he never addressed it. Gave me the Epley maneuver because I previously had vertigo. Had an MRI and CT scan done where it showed a retention cyst in my sinus and he said that wasn't the problem. Just said I was fine and sent me home. My GP definitely thinks it has to do with the cyst in my sinus that is causing me problems so I'm being referred to the help of a different ENT. Never again want to return to this doctor again.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Put on music. Only response. Didn’t bother to deal with my anxieties. Just out the door within mins. Booking mri “nurse” a piece of work. When asked for a possibility of an earlier appointment anywhere in Edmonton, she said well you have the number do that yourself. Getting a second option with another doctor. Seriously retire!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

Late consistently, had given us a call to come in earlier for hospital visit then was 45 minutes late. Follow up appt in office late again. First appointment was late. He has no concern for people’s time.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

He was very punctual. His staff were pleasant. He may have tons of knowledge after years of experience - I wouldn't know as he didn't really talk to me that much. Didn't explain what was going on. I have no idea what tools he stuck in my ears. I just know that I went in with some questions and came OUT with a BLOCKED ear!!! 6 days later and my ear is still fully blocked. I can't hear. I am SO annoyed. I have no idea why he was shoving around in there like he was - I will be going to see someone else. I am desperately hoping someone else can fix this.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Dr Carter, is an empirical thinker. I ask 3 questions during my appts.; and he answers with thoughtfulness and knowledge. He is punctual and the office ladies, are amazing and empathetic.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Dr. Carter successfully diagnosed a serious issue that I had been having for over two years that my family doctor hadn't even mentioned as a possibility. He was very compassionate and helpful with me, also knowledgeable about the issue that I was having. He recognized how serious my condition was and his staff also got me in on very short notice when I really needed to see him for a follow up, this was greatly appreciated.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

The 8 minute doctor. Irritated if you are reviewing your own medical information, and generally unwilling to go over it with you separately. Doesn't spend enough time to take a breath, and think things through - his main goal is not to help you but rather to get you batched through ASAP - like a cattle drive.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Pleasant visit and he did what he had to do and explained the problem and remedy Quite quiet Nice personality

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

I have yet to see Dr.Carter however his receptionist is a real piece of work! Said she called and left me a voicemail, no record of his office calling at anytime.I now have to suffer 2.5 more long painful months due to her mistake which she never even apologized for! Praying the Dr is better than his crummy staff...

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

I agree. He needs to retire! I'm going back to my family doctor to ask for a referral to another ENT.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2014