Ratings for Dr. Leigh Ann Higgins

Dr. Higgins has advised me well for more than 10 years.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Had her years ago, and wanted her again but she is not taking new patients:(

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

Dr. Higgins is kind, compassionate, and empathetic. I see her several times a year, and I never feel like I am a number. I very much appreciate our doctor, patient relationship. I always have successful referrals, and she is proactive and thorough. She works part-time to be a loving and caring mom. By keeping a smaller patient number she is able to be more focused on her patients. She is a blessing to me, and I wouldn't even think abou having another physician unless she left the practice, but I would miss her dearly. I would not change one thing about her. I love having her and very much appreciate her working style.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2012

Dr. Higgins is compassionate and takes time with her patients to discuss what needs to be discussed. I have been seeing her for six years and feel that we have built a partnership in my healthcare. Though I have had no major illnesses, I have confidence in her ability to help me make good decisions if I become ill or have an accident. For all of the "maintenance" types of conditions of an aging adult, she has been very effective in suggesting treatments, prescribing when needed, and being willing to look at a broad range of interconnected wellness options.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2010

just want to correct data: dr does not accept new patients. Perhaps has too many.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2010

Her staff never returns calls in timely fashion for days. I ask to speak to her but don't receive return calls. My time is valuable also and am tired of waiting and then she reads my history during exam process. Practice is just way to big and you don't feel like a valuable patient. Looking for new doctor.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2010

I find it hard to believe that some of the comments I have read are about the same Dr. Higgins that I see. I have never had such an empathetic, caring Dr. Although there are times she is running late, I never feel like she is rushing me. She always takes the time to talk to me and listen.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2009

Dr. H was suppossed to call with resitls of cancer screening test. Good news, test showed no cancer (whew!), bad news she NEVER CALLED! I had to find out by calling myself. Wouldn't you think, when she got the "your patient doesn't have cancer" report, she would have called? No smiley face for Dr. Higgins from me in this review.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2009

I have had Dr Higgins for several years. I find her to be polite, and attentive. Her focus remains on my weight a little too much (I am 7-10 lbs over weight). I do not feel like a number with her...although I always wait in the waiting room forever to see her. Her referals have been a joke though...after 7 years, I found out the two "specialists" she refered me to had no idea what they were talking about...and neither did she. My mother who is a nurse feels that she has miss diagnosed and treated a couple things i.e. urinary tract infection that turned into kidney infection but was given no medication other than antibiotics, irregular periods for years and never checked blood levels. I have looked for a new PCP, but honestly am looking at Boston...it is a drive, but at least I may get correct diagnosis and treatment!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2009

I have had Dr. Higgins as my PCP for at least 8 years and she is still my PCP. From day one, I loved her caring, concerned nature and her will to figure out my issues whatever it might take. She sets up stat tests with results back either that day or the next. When referrals were needed, I was always sent to the best of the best and was scheduled in their office within the week. I absolutely love and appreciate Dr. Higgins and I am actually shocked at the comments. Everyone looks for something different in a provider, and indeed, she may not be right for you. It is just a shame to leave unkind comments without her knowledge. Did you try talking to her? She is very nice and would probably feel hurt that she was perceived that way. And as for part time, she has the right to work any hours she wants. She went through med school and deserves to do what she wants with her life. She runs late with patients who are late or need more time with her. The new locale has a better patient flow.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

Dr. Leigh Ann Higgins's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Harvard-Pilgrim