Ratings for Dr. Asif Shaikh

Referred to him for breast cancer. I liked him as a person - he was very nice. Wouldn't let me ask questions until he was done his "bit", which I didn't like. I want to discuss things with my doctor, not be lectured on things I've already researched and have questions about. I just turned 30 and am very concerned with my fertility after chemo - he seemed to brush off my concerns and did not offer me a referral or resources for anything fertility-related. Thankfully my surgeon gave me a referral. He only calculated my prognosis regarding death, not reoccurrence, and had no statistics on Herceptin readily available, yet he was prescribing it for me! A nice, pleasant man, but not the oncologist for me. He would probably be better suited to straightforward breast cancer cases, perhaps women aged 60 and over.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

After breast cancer surgery, I was referred to Dr. Shaikh. I kept two (2) appointments with him. A combined waiting time in his office was approximately three (3) hours. He was not very informative. He would answer direct questions, but did not volunteer any prognoses or my surgery. I left his office with more doubt and questions that answers. I will not go back.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Shaikh's for 7 years... he is a very knowledgeable and caring doctor. I praise him and Dr. Rubin with saving my life. I have the greatest respect for him!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

Dr. Shaikh has been my doctor for the last 4 years, I think he is very knowledgeable and a very caring doctor. I feel confident and assured with his care. Continue your great works! We need doctors like you!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2010

He was my doctor while Dr Rubin was on vacation. He was very nice, and brought up my spirits. However, he gave me false hope. Dr Rubin had already predicted my case, and Dr Shaikh's prediction was not the same at all. Happy to say that Dr Rubin's measures were the right way to go.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2007

Dr Shaikh was a pleasure when he took my Mother's case. He was very helpful with explaining and delivering news that nobody wants to hear. He made think objectively. I really wich my mother had been refered to this Doctor when her illness had first been discovered. I rate him the best!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2007

GAVE MY LATE HUSBAND EXCELLENT CARE AND GAVE THE FAMILY ALL THE INFORMATION WE NEEDED TO MAKE DECISIONS FOR HIS CARE. HE AND HIS STAFF WERE VERY HELPFUL.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2007

My Oncologist, Dr. Shaikh has been the greatest warmth caring person ever! He is one of the most knowledgeable cancer professional I could ask for. He cares for you and always takes the time you need. He does not abuse the medicare system this is what I love about him.....What a great doctor you are!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2007

Dr. Shaikh has been my Oncologist for two years now and he is one of the most knowledgeable and compassionate medical professionals I could ask for. He never rushes you and always takes the time you need.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2007