Ratings for Dr. David A. Hutchinson

Dr. Hutchinson listened, asked appropriate questions, made sure I understood why he made recommendations, and took my input seriously. I never felt rushed. He followed up with a phone call (from him, not his nurse) to make sure I was doing well. I would heartily recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011

The Mayo clinic put me on Xanax to treat a debilitating sensitivity to sound, which had lasted for a year prior to my visit. I went to Dr. Hutchinson when I needed a local doctor to refill the prescription. Doctors more commonly prescribe Xanax for anxiety, and it is considered a controlled substance. Knowing this, Dr. Hutchinson admitted to me that before he had even met me or knew what symptoms the drug treated, he had already decided that I needed to stop taking it. I still have symptoms without the medication, as I have for two years, yet Dr. Hutchinson attributed it to a muscle spasm which had been cured; however, when I mentioned the symptoms, he suggested I take my remaining medication later in the day. I left with a two-week prescription for half the dosage I'm taking now (which he said was high, even though I take 1mg and the average dose is 4) and an acute sensitivity to sound. He ignored the fact that I wanted to stop taking another medication and needed advice.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

Dr. David A. Hutchinson's Credentials

• Univ Of Cincinnati Coll Of Med, Cincinnati Oh 45267 (Grad. 1988)