Ratings for Dr. Christine D. Baker

I am a 60 year old male with chronic problems and a complicated medical history. Dr. Baker took the time to understand the complexities of my situation and to make recommendations and referrals when appropriate. When I asked about tests for the a BRCA2 gene mutation which runs in my family, so I could assuage my daughters' concerns, she and her staff were very helpful in negotiating with the insurance company, which did not want to pay for testing a man with no history of breast cancer. I find Dr. Baker a caring, careful doctor, although she is very busy, as are most GPs in Massachusetts.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

I am a 33 year old woman with an intense family history of breast cancer. I recently had something suspicious appear in my mammograms, and so Dr. Baker's office called me to tell me I needed to get another mammogram. When I asked for more information they told me that the hospital would have it. I called the hospital, and they said the doctor's office could tell me more. I called Dr. Baker's office again, and after several more calls was given unclear information about asymetrical densities in one of my breasts. When I asked to have this explained, or to actually SPEAK TO MY DOCTOR, I was treated like a hysterical, over-reacting patient and told that "if I was *so* worried I'd have to make an appt. to talk to the doctor." In order to get 5 minutes of this woman's time I need to spend at least an hour out of my day and pay a $25 co-pay? The office dealt with this HORRIBLY (they were disorganized and unclear) and I am VERY unhappy with them and the doctor. Terrible doctor -- AVOID!!!!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2007

Rushed, brusque, not thorough.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2005

Dr. Christine D. Baker's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union