You may also like

Rate Dr. Derek Dabreo

Dr. Derek Dabreo's Ratings

Years ago my wife was sick and had seen other Doctors but nobody could find anything wrong with her.Finally some Doctors referred her to see Doctor Dabreo.He decided my wife needed a spinal tap.Judging by the way he was talking to us I could tell that something was wrong because it took him over a week to decide to go ahead and finally do the test.It was a disaster to say the least.My wife can take a lot of pain but that time I could hear her scream from one end of the General Hospital to the other.Needless to say it scared me half to death.When he finally came and talk to me he said that he had tried but he couldn't complete the test.I was furious!!!! Afterwards I found out that he had tried to stick the needle in her spine seven times but it didn't know what he was doing.Anybody who ever had this test done would know how painful that is even when is done write.After all this I convinced my family Doctor to send my wife to Hamilton. When a Doctor took a look at her back,he said " OH MY GOD,WHO DONE THIS TO YOU".The spinal tap had to be done again but this time that doctor knew what he was doing.My wife and I have seen a lot of doctors during our lifetime and I must say that Dr. Dabreo is by far the worst there is.I do not understand how he got the license to practise medicine in this country.To anybody who is scheduled to see this,so called doctor,take my advice and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE you will thank me for it.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2690692].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

My husband went in after his heart surgery and wasnt feeling well. Thought he was having strokes and the dr turns and laughs and says I highly doubt that. And he isn't interested in explaining nothing he rushes you out and is rather rude. Turns out we were right my husband did have four strokes and is now disabled. I feel like had he listened we would have got him attention in time and may have been able to prevent the other three.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2521154].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2014

THIS DOCTOR HAS THE RUDEST STAFF WORKING FOR HIM. MY HUSBAND HAD SURGERY IN HAMILTON AND WAS ADVISED TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT FOR 3-4 WEEKS FOLLOWING HIS RELEASE FROM HOSPITAL. I HAVE ATTEMPTED TO BOOK THIS APPOINTMENT AND HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT HE IS ON A WAITING LIST AND THEY WILL CALL WITH AN APPOINTMENT. IT HAS BEEN 2 WEEKS AND I AM STILL WAITING. THERE HAVE BEEN NUMEROUS COMPLICATIONS AND DR DABREO DOES NOT SEEM TO BE A BIT INTERESTED IN HIS CASE. HIS STAFF ARE RUDE AND SHOW NO EMPATHY TOWARDS PATIENTS THAT HAVE BEEN NEAR DEATH. WE WILL BE FINDING ANOTHER DOCTOR THAT IS INTERESTED IN THE WELL BEING OF THEIR PATIENTS.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1503020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503021].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2011

His rapid fire speach pattern might be difficult for some older patients to understand. Seems to know his stuff, but his staff lack attention to detail.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503019].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2008

Unfortunately diagnosed my mother in ER as having esophageal spasms while in effect she was having a heart attack. He advised that she could go home and she died the following day. Perhaps needs to find out more between the difference in how women and men respond and show symptoms during a heart attack.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1503018].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2008

This doctor calls himself a cardiologist, he doesn't have a clue about cardiology.My sister died because of his poor care

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1503017].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2007

Very knowledgable, efficient. Has an excellant office staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503016].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2007

Very good doctor but . . . only sees some patients once a year. Too busy? Also does not seem to have a lot of time to talk to you. Overbooked? All in all though, the man is a good doctor, knows his business, is thorough, friendly, puts you at ease. I'm satisfied.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503015].votes_count ]]