Ratings for Dr. Gordon D. Christensen

I was diagnosed with M.S. by a neurologist & went for a 2nd opin. at M.S. specialist who said I did not have it, and that I should see an Infectious Disease Dr for further tests. I found Dr. Christensen on a Lyme Disease website, after having received a positive Lyme Disease test from my regular M.D. Dr. Christensen believed that it was a "false positive" and explained that local lab testing is not as dependable as others out of state, so he wanted to send one to a lab that he had confidence in, which we did. That one was also positive. Even by CDC criteria, but he refused to believe that I had it, or to treat it. I was contacted by the Health Dept. because of my repeated positive test results. They reported my case to the CDC as a Lyme Disease case. In spite of having 3 positive Western Blots for Lyme, Dr Christensen refused to treat it,saying that I had CFS & Fibromyalgia & would prescribe pain meds, sleeping pills, etc for symptoms. Dr. Charles Crist is treating me & I've improved!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2008

The staff seems oblivious to the fact that they are seeing "sick" people/very uncompationate. Dr. Christensen has a poor bedside manner and does not tell the patient what he is thinking. After requesting written records I learned that even though he takes studious notes, he is not hearing what I am saying. They do not have the patient fill out any written records,history or symptoms. The Dr. just takes notes. There were blatant mistakes on my "history" as well as evidence that he is making misdiagnosis based upon the fact that is not understanding what I am clearing relaying to him and making judgements about my mental or emotoinal health without any basis whatsoever (even after one visit). I went to him with very high hopes, but after a few visits have decided not to see him again and I am very disappointed. Apparently, he leans towards diagnosing his patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Fibromyalgia, with little testing for other possibilities. I do not recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2007

Dr. C. specialized in infect. dis., but I see him for FMS and CFS. He is compassionate and caring, and always respectful. WONDERFUL MAN!!!I love this doc!!!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2007

Dr. Gordon D. Christensen's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

Ameritas