Ratings for Dr. Gary L. Sultany

If you have a rare condition's antibody come back positive, don't expect him to know much about it. Felt like he simply was not up to date on all the conditions like scleroderma and didn't care to see if any other possibilities were of a concern. I was seeing him for one thing and he starts to count points for another condition, that really was not relevant, I knew I had hyper mobile elbows, duh. No level of real trust, he did look at my labs thoroughly, I will give him that; but he didn't know much about the disease in question. Would not recommend him for anything other than possibly the conditions he specializes in. He also had a smirk on his face when he left. Didn't know what to make of that…arrogance maybe that he knows it all. His bio was promising, but his manner didn't reflect what was there, not to me!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2014

These people are ariggant and don't care if you are a cash patient if you do not have insurance they will not see they refuse to see you because YOU HAVE NO INSURANCE.The Dr. nurse was completely rude and I would travel to Seattle to see anyone because of the rudeness and uncaring attitude.All the medical assistant was interested in is if you had insurance and if not you are not good enough to see the Dr. Sultany Absolutely the most obnoxious person I have ever delt with ..This is the last place I would recommend anyone to go to there are far better people in this industry to put up with such an arrigant medical assistant.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

My experience with Dr Sultany has been exceptional. He is always very helpful and knowledgeable about my health status and attentive to my care needs. I have been seeing him for over 12 years now and I don't know what I would do without him. He was the first Dr that was able to diagnose my RA and has been very careful to effectively treat and manage my condition. Due to change in insurance and a move out of state I visited with another rheumatologist but quickly knew I needed to restore my care to Dr Sultany. It has definitely been worth the extra time and travel investment. Once you have experienced excellence, nothing else will do. I truly can’t say enough good things about Dr Sultany and his superior level of care.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

My doctor for 10 years, and I am so grateful I found him. Excellent listener, explains everything, knowledgeable, really cares. I cannot rave about him enough.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2009

What a great doctor! Corrected a misdiagnosis (from another doctor in this same practice). Took his time talking with me. Was clear in his explanations and thorough in his examinations. He was recommended by my PCP (who is also great!). Highly recommend Dr. Sultany!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2008

I've been going to Dr. Sultany for years. He has always taken his time to hear my concerns and reviews my medication and lab work with me. I feel very comfortable and at ease with him. He has never given me any attitude and is very friendly. He is one of the doctors I actually like to see.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2007

I struggled to recall anything positive from my visit with Gary Sultany before posting this review. In good conscience, I can’t grade this physician higher because he gave bad medical advice, which I was free to decline, but he was also dismissive and terse. Together, those factors equate a physician to avoid. My spouse was with me throughout the appointment and is in agreement with my assessment. Gary Sultany recommended that I discontinue aspirin therapy and refrain from seeing a rheumatologist for my condition, which was diagnosed previously by two other rheumatologists. I’m glad that my PCP and other specialists advised that I disregard his advice. He intimated that my pain and fatigue didn’t warrant serious care. Awful experience.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2007

Dr. Gary L. Sultany's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1976)

The Guardian Life Insurance Company Of America