Ratings for Dr. Jakob C. Melamed

My initial well visit went fine. But when it really mattered he was horrible. I hurt my foot severely and had a very bad cold/flu and pink eye. Dr. Melamed spent less than 1 min with me. I had called the day before to ask if I should seek emergency care for my foot which was getting worse. His staff told me to come in. So I waited, took time off from work and went in. Then he doesn't even examine me. Not even a temperature reading. Didn't even look or ask any questions. Then disappears. Comes back like 10 minutes later with a referral to an orthopedist that I don't know and an appointment set for a time I cannot make the next day. He also gave me a script for the eye. Jerk didn't even help me off the table and I hurt myself more getting down. Not even any advice. He was just looking to take the copay and bill my insurance. I went to the pharmacy to fill the script and the pharmacy told me it is a drug that hasn't been used for eyes in years! Do not go if you value your health.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

Dr. Jakob C. Melamed's Credentials

• Spanish

• Ludwig-Maximilians-Univ, Fak Med, Munchen, Germany (407-16 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1976)