Ratings for Dr. Erik Baker

I was new patient. On my first appointment staff misplaced all paperwork previously filed. This was sign of incompetence. Walked out.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

I have to agree completely with the assessment of many of the other reviews on here of Dr. Baker. He has little to no personality, he seems more comfortable with his computer than in dealing directly with a real, live person/patient, he acts (at least) as if he has little to no real or helpful knowledge of any medical or physical issue, unlike so many doctors that I've dealt with in the past - Dr. Baker doesn't seem to network with other area doctors as trying to get him to refer you to a specialist is near impossible due to his not knowing any other local doctors, his nurse Ann(?) or Anna(?) (or whatever her name is) is about as friendly as a angry pit-bull, and to top it all off, Dr. Baker apparently has no love for Obamacare since I heard him disparaging the Affordable Care act to another patient in the next examination room on my last visit. A real class act. We will definitely be looking for another primary care physician, in addition to lodging our concerns about Dr. Baker with Beaufort Memorial.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

I cannot believe some of the ugly things you people say about Dr. Baker! Computers are necessary in this day and age when there is no money to pay the medical transcriptionist!!! Ever think he might WISH Beaufort Memorial could AFFORD TO HAVE THAT SERVICE PROVIDED FOR HIM??? I'm so glad I didn't go into his profession, there would be no way possible to make patients happy!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Had a biopsy on my neck several months ago and was told I would be called with the results. I'm still waiting after four months. I'm interviewing another doctor tomorrow.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

I just wanted to say that all the times that I have seen Dr Baker I have received a professional assessment of my problems. Yes he does keep track of my problems on his laptop, I like the idea of my records being saved. You all may feel may feel he isn't being personable, that is your opinion, but I think that he is doing doing his job.Almost all doctors appointments run behind schedule he may be involved in other people's cases that take more time than others. Overall I like him. I have had a lot worse.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

He is always 30 + minutes late. He sits in front of his laptop to look up symptoms/diagnosis; he makes notes on a piece of scrap paper! He never checks one's throat, ears, eyes or palpitates stomach - sometimes he will listen to heart and lungs. I can go on WebMD and to that for myself!!!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

Very little bedside manner. Dr. Baker is more focus on his computer and his notes than on the patient. He needs warmth and a willingness to refer to specialists if he is not sure how to respond. I am looking for a more involved primary doctor!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

Did not like his bedside manner. He was dismissive of our concerns and discouraging. We were told he did not respond to phone calls from our nurse and, then, her supervisor expressing an urgent matter.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

Like other comments Dr. Baker is more conerned about what he types into a computer.It seems his stock answer is see you in 3 months.Not pleased with his bed side manner, I amnot looking for afriend but he is not very personable.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

Does not communicate with the patient, have visited with him 3 times, he is consistent in that he appears to be more concern with note taking and computer work than the well-being of the patient. I cannot determine knowledge.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2013

Dr. Erik Baker's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)