Ratings for Dr. Sydney Gershon

I began seeing Dr. Gershon after being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis seven years ago. I chose him because he has been treating my father for over thirty years. Dr. Gershon has a direct, no-nonsense manner that some find off-putting, but I appreciate his directness, and have always benefitted from his advice and treatment. Without his expertise, I would not have the quality of life that I currently enjoy.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

Very reckless with his advice. Said he couldnt help me, said he doesn't know who could but i should google an invasive surgery that he has no idea if i would need or benefit from because he asked no questions pertaining to this

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

Dr Gershon never wanted me to talk. He didn't want to listen or ask how I felt. I went to him for help with my arthritis and constant pain through my entire body at only 37 yrs old. He had me do the exam and then follow up with blood work. At my return visit he told me I was cured and was pretty rude. Although your arthritis doesn't just jump out of your body and your MRI's and all X-rays show it exists I went on to find better help. I will not let one doctors terrible service get me down. I have since found a wonderful new doctor who also diagnosed me with additional issues.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Been seeing him for 36 yeard and he's helped me a lot

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Gershon sad for 29 yes. He never gives up on his patients. If it wasn't for him my life would have been a lot different. Thanks to Dr. Gershon I have managed to raise two great sons and I worked full time for 22 yrs after being told I would never hold a part time job.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

I totally agree with the comment below. This man is NOT a doctor.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

This guy is a jackass, he is no doctor! Made me bend over, tested me for swollenness, had me get dressed and said that I dressed up my pain quite well and I was a MYSTERY! I asked if he had looked over any of my medical records with every possible symptom related to Fibromyalgia. I was told he did not specialize in that field and that he will not use that "LABEL" and I should NEVER use it myself. I asked why was I here I have nothing wrong with my joints, FIBROMYALGIA is the nerves and muscles! I was told that I didn't have FIBROMYALGIA, in return I asked him how did he know if he did not specialize in this field. He got MAD that I confronted his previous comment and replied sarcastically that I was right he is just IGNORANT and knows nothing! Told him he was a waste of my time, thank you very much and walked out! If you have anything other than Arthritis stay away from this person. He is old school and refuses to update himself on new medical findings with that, Fibro and Lupus all being related! I'm taking my body into my own hands and doing research myself in finding a doctor just like I had to diagnose myself.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

Great guy and Dortor. Very kind and helpful to me and my wife.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

This man is a jackass. He diagnoses you with something, next visit denies doing it and says he would NEVER diagnose that (fibromyalgia) his tests do nothing except inflict pain on you, he ignores what you say if it doesn't fit some predetermined idea he has and if he can't figure out what's wrong, you're making up your symptoms, simple as that. Rescind this man's licence.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Gershon for the last six years and from the beginning I was impressed with the time he took in his examination. He also took time to explain everything in laymen's terms which was extremely helpful. My husband finally met him two years ago and was also impressed with his explanation of the disease and my symptoms. I have not been an easy patient as I tend to have allergic reactions to most drugs and many of my symptoms aren't within the "normal" expectations of the disease. Dr. Gershon has patiently stuck with me and helped me through my ups and downs.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016