Ratings for Dr. Scott N. Gettinger

My husband has stage IV NSClC and has been a patient of Dr. Scott Gettinger's since September 2013. Gettinger is very nice...when he takes the time to be my husband's doctor. Unfortunately that is only about 20% of the time necessary to do an adequate job. My husband's life was jeopardized on two occasions due to negligence from Gettinger and his staff. Following the last calamity of errors I reached out to Gettinger several times for an explanation/apology, but he NEVER responded. I was able to get the Yale Cancer Center Director on the phone; he was amazing. He apologized (very heartfelt) for the additional pain inflicted on our family, which is very appreciated. Nonetheless, Gettinger has yet to return an email, text or call, and we plan to switch to Sloan-Kettering. Will require me to take a leave of absence from work, but 100% worth it to ensure my husband receives competent care. I think Gettinger has potential, but I cannot recommend at this time.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2013

I would highly recommend Dr. Gettinger - I went to a doctor in Waterbury who misdiagnosed me and then switched to him - the best decision I ever made in my life. Would totally recommend.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2010

Dr. Scott N. Gettinger's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Amerigroup