Ratings for Dr. James B. Hayden

Best doctor!!! I was told he was the best at he does and were right. I had cancer in my left arm, he had to remove my bond gave me a donor bone and I have been good ever sense. When I asked how many he does a year he told me around four, scared me a little but I have my arm and it's because of him.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

I got the best of the best when Dr Hayden operated on my STAPH infected leg. The surgery he performed was difficult and h e did a super job. Sheila Ramey Coeur d Alene , Idah

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

Dr Hayden and his staff were very fast, kind, accurate, and respectful. I can honestly not think of a negative think to say, and i have been having problems with md and hospitals for a long time, suffering. Dr hayden located and removed the problem tumor(i dont know yet what it is). Years of being treated badly by the medical profession, I despise them so bad(ive left crying in pain because they thought i was looking for drugs). now I know there are human docs. I do love ya doc, and we are soooo thankful

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

If you end up visiting Dr. Hayden you probably have a very rare and serious medical condition. Given that, rating him isn't of much use, because for many medical issues he's truly the only game in town. Nevertheless, he is personable and seems genuinely concerned. He's not one to mince words. He will tell you the facts as he sees them without any sugar coating. He’s not mean or arrogant about it - just very matter of fact. I get the feeling he’s a doctor other doctors trust and would send their family to if necessary. If you have to see him you probably have few other options. Luckily, he’s a good, knowledge doctor that is easy to deal with and is quite personable. If you have to visit him, please don't delay, be sure listen to him and follow his recommendations - it may save your life.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2012

I have a rare disease in my knee called pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS). It is almost impossible to find a doctor who knows what PVNS is let alone has experience with it. I feel so fortunate to have found Dr. Hayden. He is an amazing Dr. He was so knowledgeable, honest, confident, not arrogant. I travel 2-3 hours each way to see him...it's so worth it. I ended up having 2 surgeries with him the second being a TKR. I'm so glad I found him. Oh and the staff is amazing too. Kaylene Wellborn is tops~!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2012

All I have to say is I love this man. He has saved my life many times now. I had a tumor eat away 95% of my left Tib. Not only did he remove the tumor, he saved my leg. And my life. All w/o regular cancer treatments. After 7 years of fighting. I am losing my leg in about 6 months. He will be doing the surgery. Doc, if you are reading this. See you in a month at the preop. Michael S. PS...James Hayden loves the ice cream at Rice Hill. Please dont tell him I told you. He will kill me.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Dr. Hayden is wonderful! I was able to get into surgery 2 days after he diagnosed me with a bone tumor, of which we would not know if it was malignant or benign, until the biospy. When my family and I were first told this news, needless to say it was scary. Dr. Hayden eased our fears and gave us confidence in his abilities and that everything would be ok. I have been going back to OHSU every 4 months since the surgery to make sure the tumor has not returned. Dr. Hayden is always pleasant, willing to answer any questions that I may have, and very knowledgeable in his field. I can tell that he really cares about me and my health.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2009

Dr. James B. Hayden's Credentials

• Or Hlth Sci Univ Sch Of Med, Portland Or 97201 (Grad. 1996)