Ratings for Dr. Steven J. Alcuri

When my first daughter was 2 and did not produce any spontaneous speech, joint attention and had poor eye contact, I started to search the internet and for the first time I read about autism. I am from South America and never heard of this disorder. I took my daughter and a red flag list for autism to Doctor Alcuri. From that list, I checked at least five statements and he dismissed all my concerns and assured me that my daughter was fine and that she only was displaying immature behavior. I decided to go with another pediatrician who by the second appointment suggested me to screen my daughter for autism because she did not respond to her name. My little girl was diagnosed at the age of 3. I am writing this review to share my experience with other parents because early intervention is the best we can do. As for Doctor Alcuri, was it ignorance or arrogance? maybe a little bit of both.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

My husband and I are first-time parents and wanted to have our child see the same doctor for all of his well and sick visits. In Frederick, there are only a couple of options if you want a solo practice. We wanted someone who was knowledgeable and well-educated (both formally through degree programs and informally through awareness of current pediatric trends), and someone whom we could trust with our precious son's health. We found all of that at Dr. Alcuri's office. Our son is only 4 months old, but we've had several of the requisite well-visits. Each visit has been very thorough, pleasant, and timely. Dr. Alcuri was available for an informal meeting with us before our child was born (all "the books" tell you to interview your potential pediatrician!), and he spent quality time answering all of our questions (although he answered many of them before we had to ask). If you'd like personalized, quality medical attention for your child, I encourage you to get to know Dr. Alcuri!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

My son really like this guy and so do I. My son needed an expensive medication and he had samples that took care of the small amount we needed. He spent a lot of extra time with us and was very thorough. Heck of a nice guy and his staff is very friendly. I wish my Dr. was this guy when I was growing up, I would not have hid under the chairs in the waiting room:)

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

I've been taking my 2 daughters to Dr. Alcuri for 7 years, and I will keep taking them to him until they are no longer children. Dr. Alcuri is knowledgeable, patient, and kind. He responds to emails with thorough answers, and when you call after hours he calls back and gives full, thoughtful answers. I wholly trust him with my children's health.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

Dr. Alcuri has taken wonderful care of my 3 children. He is terrific with kids and is always more than happy to answer all of my questions. He was also fantastic with my daughter who had some traumatic medical experiences and needed a very sensitive dr. to see her through the aftermath of those issues. I highly recommend Dr. Alcuri!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

Dr. Alcuri is great with my two children. He is very soft spoken at first and it takes awhile to get used to his techniques, but he is willing to deal with an issue until its resolved and will work with the parents so they fully understand the problem. I have had no problems with Dr. Alcuri responding to my calls after hours or even emails after hours. He knows my children very well and doesn't need me to tell him about my children's medical history...he already knows it. I had a horrible experience at a very large practice and felt my children were treated like a number and the doctors did not personally know my children. Dr. Alcuri is very knowledgeable and if he doesn't know a specific topic, he has no problem researching it. Very pleased for the past several years.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

I have three children who all see Dr. Alcurri (2-12 years in age.) We ended up at his office because I had the worst time at one of the local "cattle call" peds offices. I hated seeing a different Dr. every time and having to explain my childrens extensive medical history and four our child to be treated like a number, not a human. Dr. Alcuri's Nurses are very knowledgable and friendly. His front desk staff is very compitent and helpful. Dr. Alcurri himself appears to be well versed & up-to-date on the latest and greatest med info, but not always jumping on the newest band wagon. I trust his judgement & he is good about explaining his treatment protocal. It did take me a few visits to feel compfortable with him but only because he talks softly and is very methodical in his exams. Our family has seen many different Drs. and we all enjoy the consistent and indavidualized care we receive at Dr. Alcuri's office. Much like I received when I was a little girl.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

dr alcuri is a wonderful pediatrician. he's very knowledgeable and helpful, and takes his time with my kids. i still take my children to his office even though we moved to another town further away, because i think it would be hard to find another doctor and practice that is as good as this one.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

dr. alcuri dismisses our concerns, creeps us out and tries to up our son's medicine dosage after seeing him for 5 minutes. I strongly recommend you do not take your children to this doctor

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

I have brought my 3 children to Dr. Alcuri for the past 8 years. He is excellent with the kids. He is also excellent at explaining everything to me. He is a very dedicated and knowledgeable pediatrician. His staff is also wonderful, from the front desk to the nurses. I highly recommend Dr. Alcuri.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

Dr. Steven J. Alcuri's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1979)