Ratings for Dr. Terence W. Starz

inappropriate breast exam stay away, very rude and I waited 3 hours and had the first appointment of the day, seriously

flag | Submitted August 6, 2018

I recently had the worst arthritic "flare up" and could not walk or even stand. I called Dr. Starz's emergency number and when he returned my call 1 1/2 hours later, he told me to go to Shadyside Hospital (where he has practicing privileges). This hospital is not at all convenient for me or my family, however, this is where I went. I have been here for 3 days now and have yet to see Dr. Starz (my doctor of 50 years!). A doctor is only as good as his availability when you need him. I have put up with his inconsiderate manner, his total disregard for my time, but this is the final straw! I sincerely hope that one day he gets the same treatment from his own physician!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Dr. Starz has always been, is, and always will be an exceptional holistic physician. He is brilliant and his communication and medal skills are extraordinary! He's been our doctor for years, always seeing us through difficult times. He is a treasure of wisdom and exemplary manner.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Stay away. He is not a good doctor and doesn't respect you or your time.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

He does not care. Wants to give u prednisone or shots. The wait is ridiculous. Its a circus ...... And he's the clown. I also received an inappropriate breast exam. I was shocked when I read that other people had said the same before me. He doesn't care about u or your misery. I guess he is skeptical of what he's told. U leave feeling like a real fool!!!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I have been seeing this doctor for a number of years. I think he's wonderful, knowledgeable and careing. The nursing staff us AWESOME abd and so sweet. When they have a large lunch delivered or some kind of pot luck they always offer me something to eat and they always have hot coffee when I have an appointment. I recommend this doctor to anyone needing an Arthritis and Internal Medicine Doctor. LG :-)

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

I took my fiancée to my first visit. It was a very long wait time, over 3 hours. I gave dr stars a very detailed outline of the history of my fibromyalgia, and the drugs I tried that were unsuccessful. He told me I could heal myself. Just don't think about the pain. He made me cry at every appt and during every phone conversation. At my second appt . I took my sister. I wanted to be sure I understood what he was saying. Again a very long wait, and what I thought was a very inappropriate exam. He made me feel embarrassed, I felt like he did it to show who was in control. He gave me an outline of a program that is going to be taught (his words) at approximately 110 classes around the states. This scares me that a doctor of such influence is going to put fibromyalgia back in the dark ages. He does not believe. He acts like he's a believer but his actions speak otherwise. My sister and BF agree he consistently said I could heal myself of the pain. Stay away. There are better dr

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

Dr. Starz is exceptionally knowledgable and patient. He accurately diagnosed my complicated disease and planned a thoughtful treatment plan. He has implemented that plan with me and improved the quality of my life, movement and ease of activities. Dr. Starz is always cheerful and welcoming. I trust his decisions and seek his guidance on any health issue that arises. He is well-respected; his expertise is unsurpassed; and excellent in every way.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

I like Dr. Starz very much and actually made him my PCP, but the long wait times and the location of the office are both terrible. Parking is too expensive and he is only in the Oakland office. His nurse is sometimes very rude and he won't refill prescriptions on time unless you see him but then you can't get an appointment because he is so overbooked. I am young and work full time and have a side job and can't always get to the doctor like people who don't work can. It is difficult for me to take an entire day off to sit in the office waiting for him. He has actually been very helpful when other doctors failed to help me at all (I've had Fibromyalgia for 18yrs). If he would change his office location and not make patients wait so long, everyone would be so much happier. He has never done anything inappropriate, but he is touchy-feely and he has to realize that a lot of people with chronic pain do not like to be touched.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

THIS DOCTOR HAS THE WORST ATTIDUDE IN THE WORD. VERY MEAN GUY NEVER LET ME GET A WORD IN EDGE WISE!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

Dr. Terence W. Starz's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1971)