Ratings for Dr. Anand Bala

I saw Dr. Baka while living in Edmonton and he was an excellent GI. I came to him with horrible symptoms and he got me in asap for a colonoscopy. Turn out I had ulcerative colitis. He was caring and compassionate and took the time to explain to me what that meant and what treatment looked like. He was always available to answer my questions and I never felt rushed or unheard. When I moved out of Edmonton, he was able to recommend another GI in the town where I was moving and I wasn't disappointed. Thanks Dr. Bala for making a confusing and scary time easier to deal with.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2018

This office functions In league of its own when it comes to specialist care. Thanks for all you guys do!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2018

Very knowledgeable. You get prompt response from office for any questions or medicine adjustment. He reviews your medical history and very careful when prescribing medication

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

He really helped me out at a very painful time. Explained everything in a way I would understand. Thank you Dr. Bala.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Professional and knowledgeable. Said to be one of the best for scopes and I would agree with that.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

Very nice doctor and staff. Attentive and helpful. Gives understandable explanations for us nonmedical folk.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Super reasonable doctor. Actually listens to what you are saying and doesnt interrupt you all the time. Seems like a very relaxed person who makes you feel comfortable and hopeful too!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Dr Bala saw me for a colonoscopy this year. Had a very large polyp removed and he saw me after that and explained everything in detail. It was obvious that he is very respected by the hospital staff and knows what he is doing. Top marks all around!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Staff was very helpful over the phone but that is all I can really say. This is because before I could get an appointment with Dr. Bala my family doctor was told an abdominal CT scan with contrast was needed. After waiting months I had to phone his office to find out if he had looked at my CT scan results . I was told he had just seen them and a letter was sent informing my family doctor he would not see me based on the results of a CT scan that appeared normal. I've never been to doctor school but I am sure to fully I investigate a person's condition it is a good idea to physically examine and talk to the patient.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

Appreciate the terrific care over the years. Agree that you should wait to see him as he is very good at what he does, even though it will be a long wait like everything in healthcare. It is clear he is very experienced with these scopes also which is a big plus.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016