You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Peter Chiu

Been with him fur over 10 years and he really does care

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

He totally blew me off. Told me nothing was wrong. I was very ill and I've since been diagnosed with lupus. Don't waste your time with him. That's how he makes you feel, like your wasting his time. If you read this Dr. Chiu. You better listen to your patients more. What ever happened to that?

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

I saw Dr. Chiu. In short I was told nothing was wrong. I've since seen another specialist and it turns out I'm quite ill. He missed all sorts of indicators of that, he should have known to look for as a Rheumatologist. He didn't even really examine me except to move my leg and ask me to do a squat. All he did was look at the blood tests my GP sent him. One of which was positive. Docs need to learn to listen to their patients more.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Poor humanitarian. Poor specialist. Not organized.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

I live in Ontario and I have two daughters living in Alberta. I have followed my one daughter's health for the past 8 months and I have found me two best doctors and both of them are rheumatologist . I have researched my diagnosis and found that I have read often to try to help her along. I have a file on her that is very thick as I request a copy of every biopsy, information and I also keep a record of all you doctors who did not help her at all. I have three daughters and love the three of them.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I travelled over 600km's to see Dr Chiu. I was very impressed by the welcoming I received by his receptionist. Dr Chiu was even in early to see me. Hewas very thorough in reviewing my history and current symptoms. After my appointment I left feeling validated, supported and with more hope for my futuret than before I saw him. I greatly appreciate his knowledge and expertise in RA & Fibromyalgia.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

If you don't have something that interests him, he could care less about you. We drove 11 hours in total to see him. He didn't even examine me. He just looked at the test results from my GP and told me I don't have RA and sent me packing. Meanwhile I have horrible pain in many of my joints to the point where I can hardly function now. Just because blood work doesn't all show positive and there's not visible swelling doesn't mean I don't have RA. You'd think he'd know this by now.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Dr Chiu ... I was told you were a specialist for SLE . I did see you for a bone scan . You could not diagnose me but ... Prognosis was good with therapy . How u can do that without helping me is unbelievable . Ive lived with this pain since May of 2013 . Nothing helps with the pain , cracking or swelling .

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

Seeing this doctor was a total waste of time. He sent me for a number of tests, but did not bother explaining what the tests were for or what he was trying to rule out. Provided my family doctor with a report in which he got my name wrong, included incorrect/made-up information regarding my family history and made conclusions based on tests that he did not actually perform. He was also rude and had no bedside manner to speak of. Unless you have a disease he is interested in, you will get no follow-up care or appointments. Asked my gp to refer me to another rheumatologist and was amazed at the difference.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

This dr is the meanest prick , see I was 16 when I had reactive arthritis , very severe I couldn't walk a step without severe pain , my back knees and heals hurt so much I lost hope on life at a very young age . He told me there's only one way we can help you and that's by getting enbrel approved from the government . When I was declined he told me we'll have to resume the treatment that is not working , he is sarcastic and couldn't care less if I came in with a wheel chair just because of arthritis . I emailed and called every possible person in alberta health and finally got to see a very nice lady doctor who got me approved and now I can walk and run and go to university . He is the guy who inspired me to go into science and study so that I can actually help people , it's either his way or no other he doesn't care about what you want

flag | Submitted March 15, 2014

Dr. Peter Chiu's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Been with him fur over 10 years and he really does care "

May 6, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "He totally blew me off. Told me nothing was wrong. I was very ill and I've since been diagnosed with lupus. Don't waste your time with him. That's how he makes ..."

April 20, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Chiu. In short I was told nothing was wrong. I've since seen another specialist and it turns out I'm quite ill. He missed all sorts of indicators of ..."

March 10, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Poor humanitarian. Poor specialist. Not organized. "

December 4, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T5R 1W2". Address has been updated from "None" to "8708 155 Street Northwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804895533".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I live in Ontario and I have two daughters living in Alberta. I have followed my one daughter's health for the past 8 months and I have found me two best docto..."

May 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I travelled over 600km's to see Dr Chiu. I was very impressed by the welcoming I received by his receptionist. Dr Chiu was even in early to see me. Hewas very ..."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "If you don't have something that interests him, he could care less about you. We drove 11 hours in total to see him. He didn't even examine me. He just looked a..."

March 2, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Chiu ... I was told you were a specialist for SLE . I did see you for a bone scan . You could not diagnose me but ... Prognosis was good with therapy . How u..."

October 17, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Seeing this doctor was a total waste of time. He sent me for a number of tests, but did not bother explaining what the tests were for or what he was trying to ..."

September 9, 2014