Ratings for Dr. Peter Chiu

I was referred to Dr Chiu many years ago by my family doctor as I was having joint pain for months in joints usually affected by RA. My blood work was negative but I was in a lot of pain. When I first saw Dr Chiu he seemed interested and we chatted but at some point he shut down and made up his mind that as per my blood work (negative) I had no issues. He actually told me to come back "when you are in more pain". Seriously??? I ended up going to a younger rheumatologist at University Hospital who said they never diagnose based only on blood tests. He examined my hands carefully and said I have inflammatory arthritis-he couldn't be sure if it was RA or Lupus but gave me meds that would work for both. Ten years later he confirmed it is RA not lupus. Love the new guy and am glad Dr Chiu is retiring.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

Very confused!! Was told he was retiring and to find someone else. Was told he would not give me a reference. I am and have been a model patient. Receptionist lied to me!! Why? SOMEONE HELP HERE

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

My mother has been seeing Dr. Chui for over 3 years. He was amazing, his recommendations aways addressed any flare-ups. He had terrific followup if Mom's monthly bloodwork showed signs of flare-ups. His receptionist was pleasant, accommodating and efficient. Happy retirement!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

What happened? I have been going to this wonderful doctor for years. All of a sudden,his receptionist took a dislike to me. She has told me twice that he was retiring,the first time one year ago,and the second time 3 months ago. He is still working!! I have not been allowed to contact him or even to get a referral!! I am a very easy patient.Dr. Chiu, please help me here!!!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

I have been with Dr Chiu for many years and he has helped me with my joint care and pain management. i recommend him to family seeking a rheumatologist in the Edmonton area

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

He pushed everything back on my regular doctor with a "wait and see." After a full year of pain in various joints, the only additional help was to take some vitamins and herbs. He also misunderstood "pain wakes me up if I move wrong" with "I have insomnia because I clearly have anxiety" and stopped discussing the pain and began addressing the "insomnia." Very frustrated and felt like I wasted my time.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

I really liked Dr. Chiu. The lady at the front desk is very friendly, and quick to get back to you if she's not available when you call. Dr. Chiu was on time, and very friendly and helpful. I have seen him twice now and would go back if needed.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Been with him fur over 10 years and he really does care

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

He totally blew me off. Told me nothing was wrong. I was very ill and I've since been diagnosed with lupus. Don't waste your time with him. That's how he makes you feel, like your wasting his time. If you read this Dr. Chiu. You better listen to your patients more. What ever happened to that?

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

I saw Dr. Chiu. In short I was told nothing was wrong. I've since seen another specialist and it turns out I'm quite ill. He missed all sorts of indicators of that, he should have known to look for as a Rheumatologist. He didn't even really examine me except to move my leg and ask me to do a squat. All he did was look at the blood tests my GP sent him. One of which was positive. Docs need to learn to listen to their patients more.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016