Ratings for Dr. Peter Chiu

I have been with Dr Chiu for many years and he has helped me with my joint care and pain management. i recommend him to family seeking a rheumatologist in the Edmonton area

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

He pushed everything back on my regular doctor with a "wait and see." After a full year of pain in various joints, the only additional help was to take some vitamins and herbs. He also misunderstood "pain wakes me up if I move wrong" with "I have insomnia because I clearly have anxiety" and stopped discussing the pain and began addressing the "insomnia." Very frustrated and felt like I wasted my time.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

I really liked Dr. Chiu. The lady at the front desk is very friendly, and quick to get back to you if she's not available when you call. Dr. Chiu was on time, and very friendly and helpful. I have seen him twice now and would go back if needed.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Been with him fur over 10 years and he really does care

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

He totally blew me off. Told me nothing was wrong. I was very ill and I've since been diagnosed with lupus. Don't waste your time with him. That's how he makes you feel, like your wasting his time. If you read this Dr. Chiu. You better listen to your patients more. What ever happened to that?

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

I saw Dr. Chiu. In short I was told nothing was wrong. I've since seen another specialist and it turns out I'm quite ill. He missed all sorts of indicators of that, he should have known to look for as a Rheumatologist. He didn't even really examine me except to move my leg and ask me to do a squat. All he did was look at the blood tests my GP sent him. One of which was positive. Docs need to learn to listen to their patients more.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Poor humanitarian. Poor specialist. Not organized.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

I live in Ontario and I have two daughters living in Alberta. I have followed my one daughter's health for the past 8 months and I have found me two best doctors and both of them are rheumatologist . I have researched my diagnosis and found that I have read often to try to help her along. I have a file on her that is very thick as I request a copy of every biopsy, information and I also keep a record of all you doctors who did not help her at all. I have three daughters and love the three of them.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I travelled over 600km's to see Dr Chiu. I was very impressed by the welcoming I received by his receptionist. Dr Chiu was even in early to see me. Hewas very thorough in reviewing my history and current symptoms. After my appointment I left feeling validated, supported and with more hope for my futuret than before I saw him. I greatly appreciate his knowledge and expertise in RA & Fibromyalgia.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

If you don't have something that interests him, he could care less about you. We drove 11 hours in total to see him. He didn't even examine me. He just looked at the test results from my GP and told me I don't have RA and sent me packing. Meanwhile I have horrible pain in many of my joints to the point where I can hardly function now. Just because blood work doesn't all show positive and there's not visible swelling doesn't mean I don't have RA. You'd think he'd know this by now.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015