Ratings for Dr. Carol Hitchon

It is a hit and miss when it comes to her mood. Some days she is kind and compassionate, other days she is straight up rude. I wish she wasn't soo condescending. I leave my appointments feeling defeated and stupid. I also feel like I am just a test subject in her trials. She is not consistent with her care plans and goals for me. She would say one thing in one appointment and the next, says she would do something completely different. I want to switch rheumatologists but I don't know how to do it.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Hitchon for a few years and find her to be helpful and caring . Have had no issues with staff or punctuality Everyone was pleasant

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

I found Dr. Hitchon to be quite rude and almost mean. Each time I left her appointments, I developed bruises from being manhandled by her. And when it comes to dealing with her staff, I find that they can be bipolar in their moods.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

I was referred to Dr HItchon when my ck level were up after seeing another rheumatologist who said there was nothing else she could do for me! After seeing Dr HItchon once i was sent for a muscle biopsy which revealed what the cause of my pains etc were. If i have any questions or concerns she will contact me and chat about what we should do next, genuinely seems to want to know whats happening with you unlike some drs. I would recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Been seeing her for almost 5 years. Absolutely love her. She's so helpful. She's not a doctor who just rushes you in and out. She's very compassionate and understanding. I'll admit I am not an easy patient yet she has always been very patient with me and helped me anyway she could. One if my favorite doctors

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

I have found Dr Hitchon to be caring and very knowledgeable. She makes every effort to explain answers to my concerns. Just this past week she came in just to give me injections to relieve pain that I was experiencing. she called next day to see how I was doing. Thank you for your concern and for caring.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Hitchon since June 2012. She has been extremely kind, helpful, knowledgable and caring. She has done her utmost to diagnose what is obviously a difficult condition. Her findings have been the same as doctors that I visited in South Africa and Europe. She has taken me from a person who was barely able to walk and in extreme pain to an almost normally functioning person. Some work to be done yet. Her staff have been very accommodating and responsive to my needs. Thank you Dr. Hitchon and all of the staff.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

Currently looking for a new doctor, as this one is very rude and constantly saying inappropriate things. I do not recommend anyone to see her and if you do get her appointed to you, get another "specialist" quick.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2013

The doctor is soft spoken, kind and thorough. Her office is quite busy and her staff are courteous but not prepared to answer questions or proivde any support to patients.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

Dr. Hitchon is kind and knowledgeable and takes the time to explain results and care plans. Her office staff are disorganized and many issues that require follow up never get brought to her for action and sadly fall through the cracks. She needs better staff to do a better job.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2012