Ratings for Dr. Mary Ann Valdecanas

Instead of taking the time to look at X-ray results, she made up the diagnosis, which was totally inaccurate. Complete lack of empathy and honesty.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

Dr V had been my physician for 8 years until I contracted neuro Lyme. She failed me in NOT following basic CDC guidelines in clinical diagnosis and minimal treatment guidelines, by relying on diagnostic testing and not listening to her patient more diligently. The last six months has resulted in hospitalization, extreme physical, mental suffering, and loss of quality of life and health. PLEASE watch this link to ensure LYME IS in Atlanta and do not take the advice of going to an emergency room if you feel worse nor be told it is not in this state. THAT IS paramount ignorance. http://underourskin.com/characters . I do not wish anyone to go through what I am experiencing. Complete failure of our medical framework.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr. V. is great. I would recommend her to anyone. My mother came to Dr. V with very complicated issues. She was being treated for brain cancer in a clinical trial. The side effects of the clinical trial drug were unreal and Dr. V. did an amazing job monitoring her. Dr. V went above and beyond and I am thankful for her and doctors like her.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

Have seen Dr. Valdecanas for several years, both for annual checkups and appointments for illness. She is always knowledgeable and professional, and always works me in/sees me if I call with a problem. She is very responsive to "Medbuddy" website questions and requests.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2012

Dr. V. is such a sweet lady! She's very personable and also very professional. She answers all questions that I have, (no matter how silly they seem) explains everything that is going on and what procedures are necessary. My and parents and I have been going to her for about 6 years and we couldn't be happier with our choice!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

Dr. V is ok. It's her staff that makes me crazy. If you phone in a perscription it's not better than 50/50 that it will get done.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2009

Dr. V. has always been extremely helpful and has pointed me in the right direction on several occassions. She is also the only doctor who has ever routinely checked my feet (necessary for diabetics). I am impressed with her humanistic approach. I have referred several people including my mom and all are happy!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2008

Good solid doctor, but her office staff is clueless so avoid at all costs!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2007

Dr. Mary Ann Valdecanas's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)