Ratings for Dr. Roy E. Hitt

many of my family go to Dr Hitt. He is a great doctor with a super receptionist, always on time. Only complaint is that he no longer visits his patients in the hospital. Highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

My family phisician for over 25 years. Found him always informed, helpful, and competent. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2014

My husband complained about a nagging cough in the spring. The doctor knew that he had allergies and that he had a bad sinus infection in the winter. He ordered an x-ray and called my husband at 5:30pm on a Friday to tell him that he saw spots and was worried that it might be cancer when we knew that we couldn't do anything about it until Monday. We got a Cat scan and he said that it didn't look good and sent us to a lung specialist. The specialist said that some internists don't know how to read the tests and over-react, but still ordered a biopsy. It turned out to be scarring from previous infections that weren't treated, and inflamation due to allergies. $1,000.00+ later and months of worry for nothing. I'm happy that my husband is fine, but this could have been prevented if he were a more competent doctor.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

Dr. Roy E. Hitt's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)