Ratings for Dr. Gary D. Sladek

This doctor is just plain weird. He was arrogant and was condescending. Mimi boosted about her extensive medical knowledge, she did a prescreening on the phone. My opinion is neither she nor Dr. Saldek have any medical knowledge. My health is suffering due to this dangerous duo.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I love Dr Sladek and his office help. They all work together to give you the best possible care. Mimi is a good office manager. She is straight forward in telling you what you need to have insurance and money wise. She has been very helpful in getting me in to see Dr Sladek when I'm having problems. I have never been refused. Dr Sladek is wonderful full of compassion and understanding. Takes time to go over my treatment plans. Yes I had to wait almost 2 1/2 months to get in to see him and plus after reading all the negative comments about Mimi, I wasn't sure if I made the right decision , but I can tell you I'm so glad I did.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

I had a severe, progressively worsening inflammatory arthritis that developed after a pregnancy. I had no prior autoimmune history and blood tests were always normal so it was difficult to diagnose. Dr. Sladek always took time to listen to all my questions, theories and symptoms. He gave me his full attention and I never felt rushed. It took a lot of trial and error to find a treatment that worked for me, but Dr. Sladek remained persistent in trying different options. Ultimately, the treatment we found was 100% effective and I am now living symptom-free. I'm very thankful to Dr. Sladek and would highly recommend him to anyone seeking a rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Sladek ever since 2008. He is a very good rheumatologist and has helped control my pain and my RA is in remission. However, Mimi is very rude and nasty. She is not friendly and if she doesn't like her job she should quit. I have never waited more than 10 minutes from the time I arrive to actually being seen by the doctor.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr Sladek saved my life. I had a rare inflammatory disease that he successfully treated. My primary care physician warned me about finding a good rheumatologist or should I say wished me luck because as he states it when they go to a medical conference they avoid the rheumatologists. It took a few tries and I was giving up on the idea, until Dr Sladek. You may have to wait but what MDs office doesn't make you wait. Mimi has poor people skills but she doesn't mean it personally, I think she may have a disorder, maybe she has Aspergers. (Look it up) But if you want a specialist who will listen to you, explore treatment options, and is 100% knowledgeable Gary Sladek is your go to guy.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I was very early to my appointment, and had to wait over an hour from my appt time to be seen. The front desk lady was so mean, it makes you feel like why even go here. There are plenty of people that need jobs, and no need to hire ones so mean, esp as alot of money is paid for medical, ones are sick, and we go, caring about ourselves. The doctor, immediately told me to go to other rheumis, vs caring to take the time to diagnose. Yet, he charged the extended fee, which is bill fraud. I have never received my records, with paper requests. Basically, I was treated rude, and ripped off. The govt and medical industry really needs to start monitoring performance and billing of doctors. I waited over a month to get in, was told on the phone that he was a doctor that cares to dx, and this occurred, as my condition worsened. REally unnaceptable. Be honest on the phone if a doctor does diagnoses, and stop wasting people's time and money as their health worsens.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr.Sladek is very knowledgeable physician. However, his staff makes it incredibly inconvenient to see him and not a pleasant experience. The lady up front is just down right nasty. Can't imagine why someone would put this person at the front as the first experience of a clinical practice.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Sladek for over 20 years. Personally I like his gentle personality and find that I receive his full attention. We regularly discuss treatment options and he spends the time explaining the different medications and their effects. I would recommend anyone with R.A. to see Dr. Sladek. The office manager Mimi will treat you with the respect you treat her with.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

Sladek is very laid back and is slow to speak. While he may be knowledgable, you really have to wait or prime him to speak. His office mgr Mimi is terrible and mean. Does not have a personality for people.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

Dr. Gary D Sladek is a very good doctor, professional and must importand he listend to his patient's, Im been going to his office for 2 years and Im very happy with all treaments...

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Dr. Gary D. Sladek's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)