Ratings for Dr. David T. Reichel

Like several other people here have commented, Dr. Reichel will spend a lot of time with you, then decide nothing is wrong. Every Dr. will probably have a person who isn't happy, but when you see this many specific problems watch out. I wish I had. After 2 years of mis-diagnosis, being belittled and told nothing was wrong I finally had enough and got a second opinion discovering a serious disease.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Once this Doctor makes a diagnosis he will never change it even if he is wrong. I changed and found a great Doctor and now receiving correct treatment.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

I had been a patient of Dr. Reichel's for at least 6 years when I went to him with an acute pain and numbness that came on suddenly. I am not the type to keep running to a doctor, but I was panicking because of these symptons. Dr. Reichel was too "busy" to see me, twice, so I had to see his PA, and an associate. They had no idea of what was wrong with me, so I was forced to wait for an available appointment. When I saw Dr. Reichel, he was nasty, and sarcastic, and acted as though I was imagining the symptoms. When Dr. Reichel overlooked were the classic symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis. I was so angry at how he treated me that I went to a different doctor who did MRI's, for the diagnosis. He can be a very caring doctor, or a pompous jerk.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Dr. Reichel listened carefully, recorded everything and took time, then dismissed most of what I told him as inconsequential. After 2 years of being told nothing was wrong, sometimes in arrogant or demeaning ways, I went to another Dr. and was diagnosed with a serious autoimmune disease. The symptoms I had reported were textbook classic. My last visit I was told I had a rhino-virus, a cold, take tylenol for the fever, lozenges for the throat (I had told him I couldn't swallow)- I had large ulcers all down my throat and a life threatening disease. He went on record accusing me of threatening him with bodily harm (a joking comment I'd made to 2 other Dr's expressing my frustration at 3 months of acute illness). A friend's father was told repeatedly the bump by his eye was only a stye, it was cancer. Dr Reichel is fine as long as you have no serious illness, do not hurt his feeling or have anything out of the ordinary.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012

Dr. Reichel has the ability to listen and then ask questions that will enable him to properly diagnose and treat your condition or refer you to a specialist. He has been our family doctor for seven years and has shown a real concern for us

flag | Submitted May 20, 2010

Dr. David T. Reichel's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

AARP