Dr. Barbara F. Burrell

Ratings for Dr. Barbara F. Burrell

This doctor is a total joke. She has no idea what she is doing and actually walked out on me without coming back into the room. Do not waste your time with her.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

New to area, recommended by Insurance staff as positive rating. Called and spoke with a nurse at length to ensure that Dr Burrell was familiar and knowledgeable treating my previously diagnosed condition, Fibromyalgia...from auto accident 5 yrs prior. Not looking for a cure as I have tried every medication with negative results, just a continuation of workable meds and yearly blood work. Upon arrival I was lead to examine room and Dr Burrell was quick to appear. BUT then told me she did not feel comfortable treating me.....and then began taking my history?? At end of visit she stated that I did not have Fibromyalgia and that Probiotics would make me feel better and then prescribe 50,000 units weekly of Vitamin D which would make me feel great! SHE'S A QUACK! Should have stayed with a Rheumatologist, after yrs of MRIs, rehab therapy and various treatments...in 10 minutes I'm "cured" with probiotics and Vitamin D. No, it doesn't work like that. See another physician.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

I had the flu and came in for an office visit. 3 days later my fever did not subside and I started coughing up blood. I called the office and left a message. I did not get a return call by the next day, so I called again. They said I called the wrong nurse. Then the correct nurse told me I was fine and the blood I was coughing up was just broken cappilaries. She told me there wasn't anything I could do but to just lay in bed for 10-12 days. I believed her but then 2 days later, I started to have trouble breathing and went to an immediate care center. They told me I had double pneumonia and I was rushed by ambulance to the hospital and was in intensive care for 3 days and the hospital for 9. I believe I should have been told to get a chest xray when I called the office.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

Excellent practioner. Caring, knowledgble and actually takes the time to hear what your symptoms are.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2010

Dr. Burrell has moved to a new practice. In Crystal Lake, IL. Fox Valley Internal Medicine at 650 Dakota St. Crystal Lake, IL. 60012 Phone: 815-455-6000. Same Great Doctor at a wonderful new practice!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2009

Excellent Doctor. Highly Recommend. Excellent bedside manner, very knowledgable and caring professional.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2008

Dr. Barbara F. Burrell's Credentials

• Polish

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1998)