Ratings for Dr. Tessa L. Anderson

She did not use AAP guidelines concerning the care of an intact penis which states that you are to never retract an infant's foreskin. An infant's foreskin is fused to the glans. Its purpose is to protect the meatus (where the urine expels)from soiled diapers. The sphincter, ridgid band (very tip) only opens when the urine escapes the body and closes after the urine has expelled from the infant. Care of an intact infant is simple, wipe the outside like you would a finger. Her information is very outdated. Which is dangerous to her practice. She implied that all boys are too stupid to clean them-selves. Basically American teenagers are incapable of remembering the three R's regarding genital hygiene: Retract, Rinse, Replace. I was very insulted by that. Surely my sons are smart enough to keep all their body parts. I do not recommend this pediatrician if you wish to keep your sons intact.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2007

Dr. Anderson, for as nice as she is, is limited by the constraints of a poorly run office and (what felt like) a lack of time. For the 12 months in which our child was a patient of hers, we only saw Dr. Anderdon twice-for the remainder of our visits (our son was quite sick that year) we were shuffled off to either a PA or another doctor in the office. When we DID see her, the visits were rushed and we were never able to actually get to the point- we were cut off and sent on our way.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2007

Very friendly, kids like her, but she used scare tactics to get us to use unnecessary antibiotics for a viral infection. Did not follow AAP guidelines.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2007

She rocks! She is so super-friendly and wonderful. And yes, sometimes you see a (very qualified) nurse practitioner. This doesn't bother me at all! In fact, sometimes I request to see the NP! I love this office, love the quality of care, love the kind and friendly faces!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2006

Rarely see the doctor, but she is awesome when you get to see her. It is normally the nurse practitioner. I have justified her absence due to my son not really being ill. I hope that if he is really sick, she will see him personally.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2006

I love Doctor Anderson! She's always been helpful and sweet to the children. She has always been great!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2006

Where's the doctor? Have never seen her. Primarily seen by Nurse Practioners. Cold and uncaring

flag | Submitted April 25, 2006