Dr. Lloyd A. Hey

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Lloyd A. Hey

I really enjoyed my experience at the Hey clinic! The staff is sweet and capable! The doctor is kind and cutting edge! This doctor is kind and God directed! I appreciate both!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2019

Where to begin with Dr. Hey and his staff. Let me start by saying, I'm a 32 yr. old F, and had spinal surgery at the age of 15. At the time, my parents flew me to 3 different Dr.'s in search of the best Dr for my scoliosis. They finally decided on a Dr. from Los Angeles, out of the Cedar Sinai hospital. Needles to say, I had one of the best. Fast forward to now, 17 years later. The past 3 years, I have been experiencing awful back pain. In the past 6 months alone, it would get so bad, that come 5 or 6pm, and I would not be able to pick my kids up ( I have 4) or make dinner without having to sit down. Any time that I would bend over, or sit up against something, I could feel my rods through my back. It was awful. I finally opened up to the possibility of having it looked it. My past Dr. is no longer practicing and needless to say, I was absolutely petrified to have anyone else touch my back! I spent about a month researching Back surgeons near me and finally found Dr. Hey. From the minute I called his office and spoke with his staff (which was many times), to the Dr. visits, they have all, always been extremely warm and caring. If I have a question, they get back to me right away. The first time I met Dr. Hey, he opted for a more traditional route and suggested to try physical therapy first, as he said that he doesn't like to just push surgery on people. I appreciated this more than he knew! However, after confirming through X-Rays, what I had already known deep down, that the lower part of my rod/ screws were coming loose, I asked him to just pull the trigger and schedule surgery for me. He agreed and could tell that I was adamant. I was scheduled for surgery 2 months out (at my request as my husband was deployed). Dr. Hey's office called me many times throughout those next 2 months checking up on me, referring me to a physical therapist in the meantime to possibly help with the pain and making sure that all paperwork for insurance was completed and good to go. The day of surgery, Dr. Hey came in and comforted both myself and my husband, as I was extremely scared to have my back operated on again. Surgery went great and I healed up as perfect as can be. I had a few side affects from all of the anesthesia and pain meds, which led me to calling his office probably every day for the first week or two, lol, and they never seemed to be bothered and always called at the end of the day to check up on me. Thanks to Dr. Hey, I feel like i have a brand new back!! I still have your usual, day to day discomfort from having rods put in, but I can now do things that I haven't been able to do in years! I can sit through a movie without having to adjust myself and move. I can bend over and not feel my rods cracking in my spine! Dr. Hey is a very thorough Dr. and his staff is just as amazing! I'm blessed to have found him and would recommend anyone to go see him!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2019

My daughter was diagnosed with scoliosis at the age of 12 years old, she had 9 surgeries, and ended up with a deadly infection while in the hospital, was very sick for 6 months, had to received a pic-line, due to having the machine in her back to draw out the infection she was unable to go to school, so she received schooling in the hospital and home, after many year she found Dr. Hey on her own, she was looking for someone to help her with the large hump in her back and 23 years old she was very sensitive about her appearance. Dr. Hey and his entire staff fix all of that, my daughter is now standing tall and has a very small amount of pain occasionally. She has lots of confidence, Dr Hey and his staff has been awesome caring, and very professional and efficient, constantly check on her to make sure she was doing well. This is the only doctor in the world that prayed before surgery, after surgery and in the recovery room and again the next day in her private room, I knew he was very different. I am telling Everybody who has scoliosis about Dr. Hey no matter where you live, it is so worth it. If you have any doubt please contact me or Felicia my daughter so we can put your mind at rest.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2018

My daughter was diagnosed with scoliosis at 16 years old and was devestated. She was very involved with volleyball and no doctor had ever " caught" it. We were told about Dr. Hey through a friend whose daughter had been a patient of his. They got us in quickly. He met with our family and gave us our options, then spoke directly to our daughter. I was impressed, since she would be the one undergoing the whole procedure, and let her know it was ultimately her decision. We were able to schedule surgery quickly and start the recovery process. Dr. Hey was always upbeat and looked towards the end result. It was not easy but dr. Hey and his staff were there for throughout the whole process. I have only good things to say about Dr. Hey and his staff. They took care of my daughter like she was their own. We just had our year check up. My daughter was able to return to her volleyball and will be playing in college. Dr. Hey did an amazing job! Also, my daughters will and determination were keys factors in her recovery.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

Dr. Hey was so nice and reassuring before my son had his surgery. Now 3 years later still having pain and Dr. Hey has “minimalized” it EVERY time. Whole personality changed after he did the surgery. We will be finding another doctor as we have been patronized every time. Made my son feel like a “junkie” and so did his nurse. He was sympathetic and kind before surgery. I guess after he gets paid not his issue. Only to pass judgement. Shame on him!

Submitted October 26, 2017

I had my first major back surgery back in June 12, 1907 and was so impressed with my care that I received not only by him but by the hole staff. His caring for your well being and just not so easy to just take you to surgery but tried other resources first. Then I had to have my second surgery but I had 7 mini strokes and 1 massive stroke on 09/06/2015. And he had me checked by for everything to make sure I could handle the second surgery. But he took care of making sure he looked at everything from doted T's to making sure all the i's was dotted. I live about 8 miles from the Virginia line. It was worth the drive for Dr. Hey to do my surgery and I healed very well & it was so soon. I have trouble with my back but it was nothing that Dr. Hey did. But I have recommended him to so many friends and people and family members. So if you are looking for a wonderful surgeon for kyphosis are scoliosis I would refer Dr. Hey and his team 100%. Thank you for all of yours and your teams help. May God continue to keep using you to help like he has and does.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Dr. Hey performed a spinal reconstruction on me in Nov. 2007. This surgery was to center my head over my pelvis & remove curve in my thoracic spine. Right after surgery I could tell his whole attitude toward me changed. The first time I stood I had a lean & my head was over my left leg, extreme pain in my thoracic area and the portion of my spine that he corrected did not match up with the portion of my spine with no surgery. The surgical portion was sunken way in. When I explained everything to him he pretty much brushed me off. Do physical therapy, it didn't work, put a piece of foam under my left side, didn't do any good. At my last visit when he entered the room he told me not to ask many questions because his PA just returned from tonsil surgery. Then when I once again wanted to know what he was going to do about my lean, his exact words were "I couldn't very well stand you during surgery & make sure you were straight". I couldn't believe he said this he then said I would need more surgery & I would need to wait till 18 to 24 months. I scheduled a follow-up. A little while after I returned home I received a letter saying they had dropped my insurance. It was like he just threw me away like a piece of thrash. I am now disabled and in constant pain. I have gone to several drs. & they won't touch me due to how screwed up I am.

Submitted November 26, 2016

Dr. Lloyd A. Hey

Dr. Lloyd A. Hey's response
We are so sorry you are having difficulty. You missed your 12/2008 appointment to further discuss your continued care. We promptly responded to your request for a copy of your films so you could find a physician closer to home as you were from out of state. We would need to re-evaluate your condition since it has been 9 years. Please call Kristina at our front desk at 919-790-1717 to schedule an appointment. We look forward to seeing you!

Submitted December 6, 2016

Dr. Hey is simply the best! We're so lucky to have found him and the Hey Clinic. My daughter had a severe trunk shift that was causing her pain daily. Dr. Hey and his staff met with us and followed her progress for more than a year, explaining all our options. As her curve and shift continued to get worse, we decided to have the surgery. We are so pleased with the results. She is straight and pain free. We highly recommend him and his team.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Dr Hey is wonderful! He is an excellent clinician and surgeon. He spends time with his patients making sure they understand everything that is involved in surgery. He is kind and compassionate with his younger patients and wants them to be involved in their treatment. I would highly recommend Dr. Hey to anyone needing surgery.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I am a young medical professional that recently graduated college. Before I started working, I needed to have surgery for my scoliosis. I had a double curve which was very hard to live with. My first appointment with Dr. Hey was very informative and knew he was the doctor for my surgical needs. As a medical professional, it was comforting understanding what he was going to do. My surgery was successful and now I am able to return to work without any back pain! Thank you Dr. Hey & Staff for such a wonderful and comforting experience. You have made my life so much better.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr. Lloyd A. Hey's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Spanish