Ratings for Dr. Jan Putter

I really wanted to like Dr. Putter. He is very nice and even funny at times, and he knows how to talk to patients in a way that they can understand. But he is HORRIBLE at showing empathy. I suffer from painful periods and he refuses to acknowledge my pain. Dr Garret had previously prescribed me pain meds which worked fine for me, but Dr. Putter decreased my dose, and told me if run out "that's my fault and I won't get any more". When I requested a referral to a gynaecologist he rebuffed me and said they won't do anything but he will put in the referral anyway. I get that men in general don't understand women's periods but he is a doctor and should acknowledge and validate my struggle.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Good luck ever trying to get in to see Dr. Putter! And when you do, beware how unfriendly he is and unwilling to give an answer for anything! I have serious medical issues and he bluffs them off with regular OTC items! I have Crohn's which requires treatment and he could care less! I'm so extremely angry at how he runs a practice that was basically handed over to him by a previous amazing Doctor (Dr. Garrett). Will be seeking out other options as I can't even live normally with him!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

He is the worst doctor I have ever come across in my life. I had such a wonderful doctor who unfortunately retired and turned his practice over to this idiot. First of all, it is impossible to book an actual appointment and when you call you don't get a human, you get a recording and then when a human actually does come on the phone it sounds like someone from a call center. I've never heard of not being able to make an appointment with my doctor in my life. If you really need to see a doctor the same day, good luck. They can never fit you in. When you do finally get to see him, he just sits in a chair with his arms crossed and looks at you. It seems like he doesn't want to touch anyone and I've never actually been examined by him. What kind of a doctor can't bear to actually touch a patient? He said once that he wanted to see me in 6 months and since you can't seem to book appointments I asked him how I was going to get an appointment. His reply was "if I want to see YOU, you can get an appointment". In other words if I want to see him, good luck! I know it's going to be hard, but I can't wait to find another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

This past Nov. 2015 I needed to make an appt. with Dr. Putter, phoned in the morning and when I got through all appts. were booked for that day. Told to call back the next morning & maybe get lucky to book an appt. for that day. I asked if I could book an appt. to see him and was told he was booking in Feb. 2016-REALLY, 3 months away? Ridiculous. Not liking this Dr. at all. He is not accommodating at all.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Putter for about 7 months now and I think he is amazing! I had been told by other nurses that I know how intelligent he is and now I see for myself. He seems very kind and when I asked him to explain something to me he explained it in full detail but also in a way I could understand. I feel very fortunate to have such a great Doctor as Dr. Putter and look forward to having him for the rest of my life.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Dr. Putter took over for my beloved retiring physician. Thus far he has been great. I think that it is odd that his rating is so low (perhaps due to being an E.R. DR.-where you deal with all walks of life and situations)? I found that he is knowledgeable, straightforward and efficient. I think that the new scheduling model is good (you can book ahead, or call that morning for an appointment in the afternoon). This seems to weed-out those who may not "need" to be seen immediately, and allows those who need immediate care to get in ASAP, whereas before those people may have had to wait over a week for an appointment. His staff is super warm, pleasant and helpful. I really think that the negative comments are unwarranted.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Dr. Putter is my family doctor......I have seen him twice. Never have had to wait.....always takes me early. He listens, is very caring and definitely knowledgeable. I don't see how any of you with him as a family doctor and have harsh words about him.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

OK, I hate to add to this because I feel even people with 0 personality should be given a chance, but I also experienced the robotic Dr Putter. He recently opened his new family practice in Sarnia and I had been transferred from another retiring doctor. I assumed that doctors read the patient profiles of their patients, but when I asked what he thought of my condition he just said that I should take a new drug that has been slammed by the medical society as very dangerous and should be recalled. Time to get a second opinion, if not a real doctor. Bottom line....its YOUR life so go with your gut.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I've experienced Dr. Putz, that's my name for him, on more than one occation. How this man managed to keep any position as a doctor who deals humans is beyond me. Rude, uncaring, arrogant is just the start. He would rather send you home than help you. He wouldn't even make it as a vet. He'd be eaten alive and that's just the owners. I think it's time for him to do research. Nice, away from people, but hey, maybe the test animals won't like him either. Personalityectomy might work too. Maybe these reviews will work.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Worst doctor I have ever met. Worst professional of any type of work I have ever met. I honestly think he paid someone to take his medical exam. No personality, absolutely uncaring of anything I said. I told him I was in pain with my ear, ever had an earache? Told me to take a Tylenol, I am already. I guess he didn't hear my when I told him that. There was a gentleman who stormed out of his office while I was in the waiting room, that should of told me right there and then there is a problem with this twit. He should go back to school for something not related to dealing with the public, a veterinarian or lone tree planter??

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014