Ratings for Dr. Esrafil Abedi

Not sure who he paid for the fake glowing review but this guy is a total fool. I have a serious issue with my ears and this guy is sending me out for a hearing test so he can book more appointments and scam you for more money the entire time my condition is getting worse. When I tried explaining my symptoms he cut me off from talking after just a few words so he could book his hearing test and book another appointment for for money. He truly has no clue what he is doing. Who the heck let this guy practice medicine in this country? That's another thing...when he's not cutting you off from talking about your issue he is mumbling in broken English. He must bring a translator into the room with him who translates from Farsi to Filipino English. By the time both of them get some words out to you you have no idea what they are talking about. It's like being in the third world.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Esrafil Abedi. He's the BEST doctor- he literally saved my life! I was experiencing ear pain and saw another physician in OC, an ENT, who prescribed drops that made my condition far worse. That was on a Thursday. By Sunday, I was in the ER and in so much pain that my blood pressure became dangerously high. The ER doctor wasn't sure what was going on and after managing my pain with heavy narcotics, suggested I see the ENT again. While in the ER, he had consulted with the ENT on call from the office I had been seen in on Thursday and more drops were prescribed. My condition only worsened. I had been a former patient of Dr. Abedi and he had resolved issues that I had experienced years earlier- the thing was, my insurance had changed so I hadn't gone to him this time- what a HUGE mistake that was. I called my insurance company and jumped through hoops in order to find out that I actually could see Dr. Abedi. When I called his office and explained my emergency situation, his VERY caring and courteous staff booked me immediately to come in. When Dr. Abedi saw me, he instantly knew what was going on, he started immediate treatment, and within the first hour of my first treatment, my pain subsided to the point of taking Tylenol, rather than Oxycodone-acetamin (prescribed in the ER), as my pain went from immense to mild discomfort- it was that fast (and anyone who has ever had severe pain knows how debilitating it is). The infection I had was very serious and severe. The drops I had been prescribed by the previous doctor had actually "fed" the infection to the point that I had serious damage in one ear (it turned out I had the infection bilaterally, one side just wasn't quite as bad- yet). I was already experiencing difficulty hearing, and was at risk for losing hearing permanently if something wasn't done immediately. I am 46 years old so this was very scary. Dr. Abedi took very fast and diligent action to ensure I would recover. I will require surgery to repair one ear. But THANKS to Dr. Abedi, I am well on the road to recovery and am in the best hands, medically (and he will perform the corrective surgical procedure too). Thanks to Dr. Abedi's EXPERT knowledge, DEDICATION to me as a patient, and FAST action, I have regained my hearing and am now almost fully recovered!!! I cannot give enough praise to Dr. Abedi- what can one say other than "thank you, thank you, thank you and may God bless Dr. Abedi". Dr. Abedi has been a true God-send for me and I am so grateful to this physician. He was also VERY KIND to me when I broke down in fear and in pain right before that first treatment. He was reassuring and I felt totally confident under his care. If you need sound medical intervention from a true expert, then do not hesitate to seek the expertise of Dr. Esrafil Abedi!!!!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

I went for an ear infection and he did absolutely nothing for it. He just looked and said it was fine. Why did come in if it was fine? Will never go back!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

I am VERY surprised by the neg. comments posted. My family has been seeing Dr Abedi for 15 years. We were referred by a surgeon who lives in our neighborhood and have referred several others. I have never heard anyone say they were misdiagnosed or over billed. Last month we brought my mother in to him for the first time. She had what she described as "a flew", had some hearing loss and felt "dizzy". She had her own long time ENT put her on steroids/antibiotics. After weeks (years) of trying to convince her to see Dr Abedi, she finally agreed. Dr Abedi diagnosed her as having had a small stroke and told her to stop the meds. My mother did not like the diagnosis and chose to see a 3rd ENT which agreed with Dr Abedi. She wont see another ENT nor will the other families I know. He comes highly recommended. I have never posted comments on one of these sites and have used them to evaluate various services. I am questioning their reliability after reading what was written about Dr Abedi.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

DR. Abedi is a wonderful caring surgeon who cares about the well being of his patients. He took great care of me before and after my surgery and I recommend him to anyone in need of his talented hands. Dr. Farhad Samii

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

esrafil abedi md is nothing but a ripoff and should be disbarred. I went in for a major pain in my jaw and the so called doctor gave me a hearing test! A hearing test! I told him I have to leave before the test was given but he said it's normal to have a hearing test. I don't know why I didn't leave. Now he overcharged me thousands of dollars and a Collection agency had written me for the balance. International Recovery Systems in Tustin. I tried to call them - there's no answer! From one ripoff to another. I'm going to the Better Business Bureau next.WHAT A RIPOFF!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

Doesn't even speak English. Worst doctor ever. Tried to sell me a hearing aide...I'm only 20 and can hear crickets chirp.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

Dr. Esrafil Abedi's Credentials

• Teheran Univ, Fac Of Med, Teheran, Iran (Grad. 1970)

Top Hospitals in Laguna Hills, CA