Ratings for Dr. Philip D. Wiley

I went to Dr Wiley for thyroid issues. Of all the doctors I have seen, he was by far the most condescending, arrogant one ever. He will not listen empathetically to your symptoms. He's all about prescribing you medicine, and getting you out the door. Find another doctor...

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

This is the worst doctor I've ever been to. Was unwilling to to listen to me about symtoms or my concerns. I would avoid this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

I had a growth in my throat and was told by a Doctor in Farmington that I also needed to have my tonsils removed and a deviated septum repaired. He scheduled surgery for me before I left his office. I made an appointment with Dr. Wiley for a second opinion. I know several people that have gone to him and they were very pleased. I went to my appointment and was told by Dr. Wiley that my tonsils and septum were fine and that he could remove the mass in my throat in his office without surgery. Not only that, he checked his schedule and offered to do it right then, so I wouldn't have to drive back to Durango. He removed the growth, it was benign, and I couldn't be happier. I have recommended him to several family members and friends and they were very pleased. I am surprised by some of the comments on this site and felt that I needed to provide my experience.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

Went in for a reactive swoolen gland. Dr Wiley told me that I had to lose the feeling in my ear if he did the surgery! So gald I didn't have it done with him as this is not the case. He did a bio and was very rough and not very friendly. He's an old Amy doctor. Avoid.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

I had the unfortunate experience of making an appointment with Dr Wiley. There are only two tonsil surgeons in town and this one takes my insurance but the hospital he does surgery at doesn't. Knowing this, I explained my insurance and mom's employer to them and they went ahead and made the appointment for me. It wasn't until I took off of school and went to the doctor appt that the doctor himself explained I should go to the other ENT because of insurance! My stepdad called their office manager to ask if they could make any adjustments (they can rebill it through insurance using different codes) but a woman named Rosemary (office manager) would not or maybe she wasn't trained properly. The level of professionalism and patient advocacy in this office is anemic. Rosemary did not discourage me from posting a negative comment stating in a nutshell "do whatever you need to do."

flag | Submitted March 19, 2012

Don't go unless you really don't want to do anything to resolve your problem. I was severely disappointed. 10 minutes of being told what tests could be done and discouraged from doing any of them. What a waste of my time and money.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2011

Dr. Philip D. Wiley's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1987)